Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jviness02

Quote from: Tdog on October 14, 2021, 04:25:30 PM
Quote from: jviness02 on October 14, 2021, 04:10:08 PM
Haven't heard anything in the rumor mill about Tichenor.  I'm pretty positive that's just a scheduling thing. That is in contrast to Elswit, where there were strong rumors Elswit and PTA were done "for good" a little before The Master and Elswit's comments on IV really do sound like that was a last ditch effort to make it work between the two of them and it didn't work.

I'm sure Eternals is probably a better "career" move for Tichenor, considering it's a big Marvel film, but even the Marvel crew seem turned off by that one. I worked on the Spider-Man: No Way Home shoots here in Atlanta and most of the folks worked on Eternals and they are convinced it's going to be Marvel's first flop.

Well it looks genuinely awful, even by Marvel standards.

I've always been curious to how the Leslie Jones movies would have turned out with Tichenor at the helm.

Yeah. I have a hard time seeing it being THAT much worse the any of the others, but who knows? The Marvel gigs are the best here in Atlanta, so I've worked on quite a few and the quality control is just as bad as everyone against these things imagines. They hire the directors to color inside the lines. I'm sure it will just be another Marvel movie. I'm not even sure PTA would be able to show much personality in one of those films. He'd probably get fired lol

Yes

Eternals looks utterly joyless.

Aren't these movies supposed to provide actual delight?

polkablues

This turned into a hardcore MCU discussion thread so gradually I didn't even notice.
My house, my rules, my coffee

PaulElroy35

I love how my post that could have potentially been a cool little discussion about music and licorice pizza has pretty much been ignored in favour of MCU talk. 

come on guys this isnt reddit.

Drenk

Quote from: Mattbish19 on October 15, 2021, 05:35:45 AM
I love how my post that could have potentially been a cool little discussion about music and licorice pizza has pretty much been ignored in favour of MCU talk. 

This is fine and done. Stretching the bounds of speculation isn't necessarily more relevant at this stage. :yabbse-grin:

We know nothing about the movie, we'd just be, what, quoting songs from the sixties and seventies until a screening is announced?

All right.

Bitches Brew.
Ascension.

Tdog

Paul might include some songs from Guardians of the Galaxy in LP.

Robyn

There's barely ever any MCU talk in here to be fair.

But I will think about the songs. Playlists are fun!

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Robyn on October 15, 2021, 06:15:38 AM

There's barely ever any MCU talk in here to be fair.

But I will think about the songs. Playlists are fun!

Thanks finally someone up for getting some lists going.

Yes

Discussing the music is boring because we don't know and it's most likely music we don't expect. If you're that interested, just check out 1973 playlists from K-Met. There you go

Drenk

Let's bet on Life on Mars being in the movie or not.

I believe it won't be.
Ascension.

Robyn

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
Simon Turner - 17
The Free Design - I Found Love
Jackie Wilson - (Your love keeps lifting me) higher and higher
Dusty Springfield - Yesterday When I Was Young
The Kinks - This Time Tomorrow
The Isley Brothers - This old heart of mine
The Walker Brothers - The sun ain't gonna shine anymore
Tucker Zimmerman - Another Normal Day
R. Stevie Moore - Schoolgirl
Trade Horner - Here Comes the Rain
Barbara Dickson - fine flowers in the valley
Claudine Longet - God Only Knows

Yes

I'd bet on 25% of the trailer not even being in the movie

My only guess is we hear a glimpse of Live and Let Die because the set photos

pynchonikon

IV first trailer used "I Want to Take You Higher" and "What A Wonderful World", while the second ('Paranoia') one used "Vitamin C" and "Here Come The Ho-Dads". 3/4 found their way to the movie eventually. I dunno, isn't "Life on Mars" too famous and obvious to be used in LP? (That's what I said when I first learned it covered the whole trailer, though). It's 40 it will -60 it won't, imo.

I also agree that a considerable amount of the trailer's scenes will be played differently or won't be at all in the movie, based on his usual process.

Tdog

Quote from: Yes on October 15, 2021, 06:38:05 AM

I'll take that bet!

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Yes on October 15, 2021, 06:38:05 AM

My only guess is we hear a glimpse of Live and Let Die because the set photos

Actually it isnt boring because as i said you could come across cool music that others bring up that you might not have heard before. Yes i could look at the music from the charts at the time but i wanted to also discuss what specific songs could fit the film from what we know of the film so far.

Youre a bit of a wet blanket at times pal.