Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Yes, this really feels like a 'family' film--especially from the standpoint of how many friends (and actual family) worked on it, visited, cameoed, extra'ed ...   I suppose that's more likely, tho, when each days location is 20 minutes or less from home--and so many people you know are LA-based...

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Yes on October 13, 2021, 02:38:32 PM
Tichenor is editing Eternals. He couldn't work on this.

Yeah, I know Tichenor isn't editing this. What I was responding to was what I took to be an implication that they'd stopped working together entirely:

QuotePaul's evolving family of collaborators fascinates me.  Some are with him a very long time (Bridges, Kulukundis), others are one-offs, others multiple efforts, and then go away (Tichenor).
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

wilberfan

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about Tichenor being off the list.   It will be interesting to see if they end up together again in the future.

jviness02

Haven't heard anything in the rumor mill about Tichenor.  I'm pretty positive that's just a scheduling thing. That is in contrast to Elswit, where there were strong rumors Elswit and PTA were done "for good" a little before The Master and Elswit's comments on IV really do sound like that was a last ditch effort to make it work between the two of them and it didn't work.

I'm sure Eternals is probably a better "career" move for Tichenor, considering it's a big Marvel film, but even the Marvel crew seem turned off by that one. I worked on the Spider-Man: No Way Home shoots here in Atlanta and most of the folks worked on Eternals and they are convinced it's going to be Marvel's first flop.

PaulElroy35

Now we no aside from a few tracks from johnny Greenwood its mostly going to be needle drops by the looks of it in the film.

Thought for fun i wanted to ask you guys what songs you think would go well with what we have seen so far.
I have a list of stuff here that i feel could fit the tone of the film well.

Sparks - Slowboat
Chairman of the board - Everything is Tuesday
Crosby Stills and Nash - Southern Cross
Chi Coltrane - You were my friend
Chicago - Feelin Stronger everyday
Bonnie St Claire - Clap Your Hands
Mouth and Macneal - You-Kou-La-Le-Lou-Pi
The Onyx - You've Gotta Be With Me
Leon Young String Chorale "Glad All Over"
Barbra Streisand - Where You Lead
King Floyd - Groove Me
Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
Honey Cone - Stick-Up
Chicory Tip - What's Your Name
The Move - California Man
Ray Stevens - Turn Your Radio On
Donna Fargo - Funny face
Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home

Thought this could be something fun we can do to pass the time untill the release of the  film. Good way to find new music too.

wilberfan

What was playing on the radio in '73?

Tdog

Quote from: jviness02 on October 14, 2021, 04:10:08 PM
Haven't heard anything in the rumor mill about Tichenor.  I'm pretty positive that's just a scheduling thing. That is in contrast to Elswit, where there were strong rumors Elswit and PTA were done "for good" a little before The Master and Elswit's comments on IV really do sound like that was a last ditch effort to make it work between the two of them and it didn't work.

I'm sure Eternals is probably a better "career" move for Tichenor, considering it's a big Marvel film, but even the Marvel crew seem turned off by that one. I worked on the Spider-Man: No Way Home shoots here in Atlanta and most of the folks worked on Eternals and they are convinced it's going to be Marvel's first flop.

Well it looks genuinely awful, even by Marvel standards.

I've always been curious to how the Leslie Jones movies would have turned out with Tichenor at the helm.

wilberfan

Quote from: wilberfan on October 14, 2021, 04:11:50 PM

(Hmm.  Those are just the Number Ones?   Probably lots to choose from for diegetic purposes.)

PaulElroy35

Quote from: wilberfan on October 14, 2021, 04:29:31 PM
Quote from: wilberfan on October 14, 2021, 04:11:50 PM

(Hmm.  Those are just the Number Ones?   Probably lots to choose from for diegetic purposes.)

Yeah of course was just curious to know what other songs people like from that era that could fit the film.

Pringle

Speaking of Eternals, Kumail taking so many steroids that his head changed shapes seems like something Dirk Diggler would do

wilberfan

I saw a picture of him somewhere a few months ago, and he was very ripped.  'roids never occurred to me--dudes still do that?  Probably a sweetly naive question, huh?   :oops:

Jeremy Blackman

I don't think there's any proof of steroids, but apparently he would have needed to do some kind of testosterone-increasing hormone therapy at the very least.

wilberfan

This surely isn't the thread for this sidetrack, but Kumail 'explains'.

Drenk

The craziest about Kumail is that I believe him when he says that Disney didn't ask him to change his entire body; he seems to have a small part as comic relief, this isn't like Chris Pratt becoming a leading man or anything...
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Drenk on October 14, 2021, 05:20:51 PM
The craziest about Kumail is that I believe him when he says that Disney didn't ask him to change his entire body; he seems to have a small part as comic relief, this isn't like Chris Pratt becoming a leading man or anything...

Marvel does seem to give their cast that sort of autonomy. It's the reason Captain Marvel and Black Widow have different looks in different films.

Otherwise they just cast someone who already fits what they need, like the Chrises.