Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jviness02

I think that's a combination of most trailers giving everything away and most movies now already have something familiar to the audience in regards to IP. A trailer about an original story that doesn't reveal much is probably pretty alien to younger folks.

wilberfan

itwasgood

Alma

Robyn

Yeah, I thought it was just beginning.

pynchonikon

Quote from: itwasgood on October 19, 2021, 08:26:43 AM
Alana Haim's Vanity Fair interview piece is out.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/10/alana-haim-is-going-solo

QuoteTHE HIGHLY SECRETIVE film is about "an unlikely couple that change each other's lives in crazy ways. It's really fun." Alana's costar is Cooper Hoffman, son of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who is also making his acting debut. The pair first met four years ago, when Anderson asked Alana to babysit a then 14-year-old Hoffman during a trip he made to L.A.

That was my favorite part.

d

1. Why would a 14 year old need a babysitter?
2. He was 14 fours year ago, right? So she took care of Cooper when he came to visit Anderson in LA? That's kind of interesting, isn't it? I assume the trip was a "private" one at that time, not related to LP or any other project. I am not that much interested in their private lives but it seems they are pretty close. 

mickeywolfman

Hey, this IS the very first interview in the LP press universe, or whatever you wanna call it. Very excited for interviews from Paul and the rest of the cast. Safdie loves to talk and i'm sure he'll have some great stories.
While short, was fun to read something close to official! One for the books.
Also somewhat confirms that this character was written for Alanna Haim (same for Hoffman's character), not that there was even any doubt about that before.

I'm sure it's already implied here, but as these things get rolled out can we share every little piece we can get our hands on here, no matter how small? Would like to build a complete press archive for this film.

Alma

It will be weird seeing Benny interviewed without Josh interrupting him every 5 seconds.

wilberfan

Quote from: pynchonikon on October 19, 2021, 09:39:43 AM
QuoteTHE HIGHLY SECRETIVE film is about "an unlikely couple that change each other's lives in crazy ways. It's really fun." Alana's costar is Cooper Hoffman, son of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who is also making his acting debut. The pair first met four years ago, when Anderson asked Alana to babysit a then 14-year-old Hoffman during a trip he made to L.A.

That was my favorite part.

Sometimes I tear thru these things really quickly.  I can't believe I completely missed that paragraph.  That's definitely the most interesting part of that interview!   :shock:

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Alma on October 19, 2021, 10:27:20 AM
It will be weird seeing Benny interviewed without Josh interrupting him every 5 seconds.

Haha innit . I like them both as film makers but hearing them interviewed together can drive me mad sometimes.

Drenk

Ascension.

Robyn

They just have some regular sibling energy that's all lol

wrongright

That's all? Underwhelming. There's a thing as being too secretive to the point that you don't give any reasons for people to want to see it.

Alethia

Alana posing in my old neighborhood gives me lots of feelings.