Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Alethia

Hmm the Licorice Pizza 70mm engagement doesn't seem to be listed on the Village East website anymore  :ponder:

polkablues

Quote from: Just Withnail on October 03, 2021, 05:53:51 AM

"Whattya mean there's no Sue Mengers? I've got boxes FULL of Sue Mengers!!!"
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilberfan

Quote from: eward on October 03, 2021, 12:17:05 PM
Hmm the Licorice Pizza 70mm engagement doesn't seem to be listed on the Village East website anymore  :ponder:

I noticed that, too.  They also never responded to my tweet looking for verification. 

Drenk

They spoiled a screening!  :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ascension.

Tdog

They hardly would have pulled a running time out of their ass though?

Also they said that Alaina's character is named Alana, following the PTA tradition of calling his actors character names after their real names.

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Tdog on October 03, 2021, 02:45:32 PM

Also they said that Alaina's character is named Alana, following the PTA tradition of calling his actors character names after their real names.

Didnt someone say the 100min runtime on that site it was on was just a placeholder?

wilberfan

Quote from: Mattbish19 on October 03, 2021, 03:02:25 PM
Didnt someone say the 100min runtime on that site it was on was just a placeholder?

Could be.  The minimum 3-digit number.  ("200 minutes" would have startled people!)

Yes

Quote from: Tdog on October 03, 2021, 02:45:32 PM

they have a 100 minute runtime also listed for Nightmare Alley which is incorrect

wilberfan

I think it's time to admit the obvious.

Brigitte Nielsen is playing Sue Mengers.

Rooty Poots

I wonder what kind of VFX Licorice Pizza needed.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

polkablues

I would imagine lots of removing/replacing period-inaccurate elements in the background.
My house, my rules, my coffee

d

Yep, similar to what they had to do on IV (apart from the Golde Gang HQ) but probably more, considering this one has more wide outside shots.

Yes

Don't the majority of films use VFX? Mostly with color grade and background work