Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

pynchonikon

Early cuts have been shown to industry guys/close friends (just like the Master & IV), if it was already shown  to critics/pundits/public there would have been at least some reactions in socials about it (Twitter, Letterboxd etc). Apparently some of the late releases are about to start screenings for the AMPAAS members in the next couple of weeks, so LP might follow as well, perhaps with an embargo till early November - and its possible screening in the AFI Fest?

Yes

Doubt AFI. I posted before but I expect same pop up screenings as Phantom Thread in about 2 weeks

Alma

Yeah I doubt AFI, they've already announced opening and closing films.

Got around to looking at Wiberfan's trailer analysis (great work) and had a couple of thoughts, that may have already been pointed out:

- Pretty sure the person walking into the glass door is Emily Althaus
- In the shot with the clapper board, the name is "TV Commercial - Valentine" - Valentine is the name of the extended music video PTA and Haim shot together (I think the first one?).

Yes

Valentine is also last name of Cooper Hoffman's character

Alma

Ohhh I didn't see that, that makes more sense :yabbse-grin:

PaulElroy35

The bigger mystery is who is the bold guy in the pink shirt in the background of the cooper and Bradley scene .

Some glorified extra or someone else.

Drenk

Ascension.

pynchonikon

Even Phantom Thread had its official NY premiere on Dec the 11th (with PTA and the three lead actors present), 4 days after the embargo lift and 2 weeks prior to its limited release. That's why I'm guessing AFI, which takes place about 3 weeks before LP's limited release. But of course you could be right.

I read something about a new rule concerning the upcoming awards-potential movies, that they have to be screened to the AMPAAS at least 40 days prior to their release, but I have no idea how valid that info might be. In any case we should expect news very soon.

As crazy as it might sound, some people (and sites) suggest the bald dude is Ben Stiller, but I think that's too far-fetched lol.

Drenk

This is leading to:

Ben Stiller is Thomas Pynchon.
Ascension.

PaulElroy35

Quote from: pynchonikon on October 06, 2021, 05:16:26 AM
Even Phantom Thread had its official NY premiere on Dec the 11th (with PTA and the three lead actors present), 4 days after the embargo lift and 2 weeks prior to its limited release. That's why I'm guessing AFI, which takes place about 3 weeks before LP's limited release. But of course you could be right.

I read something about a new rule concerning the upcoming awards-potential movies, that they have to be screened to the AMPAAS at least 40 days prior to their release, but I have no idea how valid that info might be. In any case we should expect news very soon.

As crazy as it might sound, some people (and sites) suggest the bald dude is Ben Stiller, but I think that's too far-fetched lol.

Yeah I read that ben Stiller theory  too. Unless he shaved his head or put on a bald cap I dont see it. Hes got grey hair now. Would be funny of it is him though.

d

Didn't someone here post a set photo of the guy who was 90% the guy (bodyguard?) from the Cooper-Hoffman scene and was 90% NOT Stiller, unless in very heavy make-up?

PaulElroy35

Quote from: d on October 06, 2021, 06:39:48 AM
Didn't someone here post a set photo of the guy who was 90% the guy (bodyguard?) from the Cooper-Hoffman scene and was 90% NOT Stiller, unless in very heavy make-up?

Not sure I've  seen that post it here if you come across it

d

Forget it. I think I mixed that up.

Anyway, here is Stiller in late October last year:

https://twitter.com/RedHourBen/status/1320085010356047873?s=20

And they started shooting when? Late August, right? And ended in November? Bradley Cooper was spotted on set early on and I guess he didn't stay so long and so if that is Stiller he would have to be bold in September? Is it possible to go from zero to what we see under that baseball cap in late October? In not more than two months? I don't know. It seems at least two months to me.

And above all, could a bald head of someone of Stiller's fame could be unnoticed?

Lots of Bees

Quote from: Mattbish19 on October 06, 2021, 05:06:09 AM
The bigger mystery is who is the bold guy in the pink shirt in the background of the cooper and Bradley scene .

Some glorified extra or someone else.

I don't have the pic but doesn't he look just like that guy who everyone thought was DDL in the first on-set pic of There Will Be Blood?

wilberfan

From my perspective, the only way Stiller could be in the film is if he shot for only a couple of days or less--and in an interior-only scene (airplane, restaurant, shop).  In that case it would likely be one of what could be a collection of 'fun' (for us) cameos.