Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

brockly

yeah, that finale was perfect. but i think the climax of threads was my favourite moment, she really let go.

and i really liked that version of wandering star :(.. haunting shit.

Chest Rockwell

Ah, damn I missed it [downloading the footage brockly posted as we speak]. How was the Animal Collective?

Stefen

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on April 27, 2008, 12:33:07 PM
Ah, damn I missed it [downloading the footage brockly posted as we speak]. How was the Animal Collective?

It was predictable.  :yabbse-grin:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

how does it compare to apolllyloggies to queen mary?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cinemanarchist

Scarlett Johansson - Anywhere I Lay My Head

Why is this "Now Playing?" I have no idea. So terrible. I never thought I could not be turned on by her but damned if she didn't find a way.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

modage

Quote from: squints on April 30, 2008, 10:32:03 AM
how does it compare to apolllyloggies to queen mary?
nowhere close.  its good but spencers songs are not jiving with the band anymore for the most part.  his weirder 2nd sunset rubdown albumier tendencies get the better of him here.  dan's songs shine but the back and forth between the two is more jarring now than on the first one.  i compare it to the 2nd arcade fire album, it sounds bigger and cleaner but the songs arent as strong and it lacks a raw emotional pull that makes the debut a classic.  still, its good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on April 16, 2008, 09:37:48 PM

mmmm....Myokonos.  and Your Protector (from the album)

i'm disappointed with this one.
is this not basically like early MMJ?
i only have Z of their's, but if someone burned me a CD of this EP and left it unlabelled, i listened to it and then they told me it was early MMJ i would have no reason to doubt them.

i'm digging Third though.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

brockly

Quote from: cinemanarchist on April 30, 2008, 11:25:19 AM

Scarlett Johansson - Anywhere I Lay My Head

Why is this "Now Playing?" I have no idea. So terrible. I never thought I could not be turned on by her but damned if she didn't find a way.

haha. dude she's sucked for a long time now. don't waist your time listening to music by no-talent musicians just because you wanna dip them. go bat off to match point let it be done with.

modage

i like Grapevine Fires
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Chest Rockwell

cinemanarchist

White Denim - Workout Holiday LP

The title so great they used it twice? Three tracks in and my toes are tapping.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

i was actually pleasantly surprised with the new Coldplay single, Violet Hill.
they finally didn't repeat Clocks (hello Speed of Sound) or do some variation of the Yellow formula.
maybe Eno has a lot to do with it.

...although something about that guitar solo/riff seems like Take Me Out in a different scale or something.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Great album. At times, she sounds like a modern Dusty Springfield.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks