Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 08, 2008, 09:56:06 AM

i finally got the desire to listen to this all the way through and i think it may be my overall favorite of their's. the multitude of long songs on the prior albums usually lost me, but the two real long ones on this album are meritted. some seem almost too short. this is just after one listen through though.

i need to pick up Pacific Ocean Blue.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

hedwig

cinemanarchist

It's good, not great but also not as disastrous as the 3.8 bestowed upon it by Pitchfork. Nas has such a great voice and the lyrics are on point for the most part. Sly Fox is a great song, taking down Fox is like shooting fish in a barrel but he shoots those fish with style and grace. Still, too many R&B beats for my taste. It's a bit of a return to form but it's not classic.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

That's my big problem with it. Too many R & B beats. What was supposed to be a statement ended up being commercial garbage with a couple topical tracks.

I think it's garbage.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Hedwig on July 15, 2008, 04:30:31 PM

bob dylan and the band - the basement tapes
One of my fav. albums...I'm now on the prowl for the tape collection bootlegs that are floating around.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on July 19, 2008, 12:04:55 PM
That's my big problem with it. Too many R & B beats. What was supposed to be a statement ended up being commercial garbage with a couple topical tracks.

I think it's garbage.

Yeah. Far from the manifesto it could/should have been.

pete

haha I just heard the sly fox track where he was talking about investing in pbs?!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cinemanarchist

last days of gerry the elephant

Cassius, Nike+ Original Run

Can't wait to do a cardio run with this thing, fantastic!

tpfkabi

(white bars added by amazon jpg)

Dr Dog - Fate

I can't believe a band this Beatle-y/60's influenced has gone under my radar for several albums. They got the whole album up on their myspace if anyone else is in the dark:

www.myspace.com/drdog
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cinemanarchist

Everyone seems to hate these guys and maybe they are terrible...but I'm a real sucker for some synth.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

You know how I know I'm gay?
I like The Faint.