Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Stefen

If you're stoned, I wouldn't recommend it. Your ears and mind will explode. Otherwise, it's so much fun.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Love a Magician

Quote from: Stefen on September 16, 2008, 09:13:17 AM
Kings of Leon have always been shitty in my opinion. Perfect example of style over substance. I'm surprised it took this long for everyone to catch on. The reviews have been awful. I'm curious what P4K will rate it next week. Probably under 5. They'll probably rate it a perfect 10 just to go against the grain. They do that all the time.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/145526-kings-of-leon-only-by-the-night

Kal

Very excited about new music today when I found out there will be new albums by The Killers, Snow Patrol and Eminem before the end of the year.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Sweet Jesus, just picked this up on vinyl.  I can't recommend this album enough to anyone who hasn't heard it.  And if you have heard, listen to it again anyway.

An amazing, experimental approach to dark, atmospheric guitarwork with a wide assortment of ethnic influences that blends into a style that Songs: Ohia, or any other band to my knowledge thus far, has come close to recreating.  It's moody and lonesome without necessarily being depressing and its instrumental titular tracks feature rare tropical bird calls that just put you into a location you've never been but can visualize with ease.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cinemanarchist

Dillinger Four - Civil War
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cinemanarchist on April 17, 2008, 09:38:04 PM

Santogold-S/T

Better than MIA in every way imaginable.
http://rapidshare.com/files/108265615/SNTGLD_EPNMS.zip

EDIT- Just heard one of her songs on a Bud Light commercial. She even sells out like MIA!! The revolution will be sponsored.

Got hooked because of those catchy Ford Flex commercials. At first listen, I thought Tegan & Sara were singing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alexandro

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 26, 2008, 12:29:00 AM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on April 17, 2008, 09:38:04 PM

Santogold-S/T

Better than MIA in every way imaginable.
http://rapidshare.com/files/108265615/SNTGLD_EPNMS.zip

EDIT- Just heard one of her songs on a Bud Light commercial. She even sells out like MIA!! The revolution will be sponsored.

Got hooked because of those catchy Ford Flex commercials. At first listen, I thought Tegan & Sara were singing.

i like it, but it gets tired after a couple of listens...i mean they just keep repeating one line over and ove rin every song...whatever...it's not better than MIA...that kala album still holds up...

theyarelegion

Quote from: Stefen on September 16, 2008, 09:13:17 AM
Kings of Leon have always been shitty in my opinion. Perfect example of style over substance. I'm surprised it took this long for everyone to catch on. The reviews have been awful. I'm curious what P4K will rate it next week. Probably under 5. They'll probably rate it a perfect 10 just to go against the grain. They do that all the time.

I fucking love the new album! Have you listening to it in its entirety? If not what album are you referring to? Style over substance? Come on, they're far from it!

tpfkabi

The new Risky Business DVD got Swamp stuck in my head.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

last days of gerry the elephant

Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke

The first album from this fierce woman & the newest addition to Modular Records.

Love it!

MacGuffin

Quote from: Hedwig on September 12, 2008, 10:03:58 AM

I FUCKING LOVE THIS WOMAN.

Excellent album! Will definitely make my top ten, if not five. Love the overall rockabilly vibe; reminded my somewhat of Beatles' Let It Be. Next Messiah is brilliant. She even does an ode to xixax's favorite member: Fernando.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

DLZ off of TVOTR's new album is one of the best songs I've heard all year. Gotdamn, it's amazing.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Quote from: Stefen on September 27, 2008, 02:05:24 AM
DLZ off of TVOTR's new album is one of the best songs I've heard all year. Gotdamn, it's amazing.
weird, i was just playing that song whilst reading the lyrics, which are fantastic. you're right, that song is a masterpiece. dear science remains my favorite album of 2008 (so far) by far.

mogwai