Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

w/o horse

Re:  Merriweather Post Pavilion, Summertime Clothes is the jam that gets me the most, with simplicity and elegance that reminds me of Eno's I'll Come Running.  Is there a song to not like on the album?  I don't think so.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

squints

Quote from: Stefen on January 06, 2009, 08:30:58 PM
Quote from: children with angels on January 05, 2009, 07:13:44 AM
I finally got this (it's taken a ridiculously long time, seeing as this is a collaboration between two of my absolute favourite artists, Fog and Why?, and it's been out for years). Had it for a couple of months, and I'm now beginning to love it more than almost any album I own:

Hymie's Basement - Hymie's Basement

This is so good. Yoni Wolf has to be one of the most creative people working in music today. Some of the stuff he comes up with for his lyrics is genius.

Kid tested, mother fucker approved.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Yoni writes stuff that is almost a soundtrack for a life. Everything from watching kids at tee-ball practice at sunset to waking up hungover on a strangers hardwood floor. Who hasn't done those things?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: JG on December 25, 2008, 07:18:53 PM

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

most anticipated of 09!

did anyone buy the vinyl?
i'm wondering what the 'surprise' is they mentioned in their Myspace bulletin.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

Whatever it was, I doubt it was that much of a surprise since the vinyl version was the first one to leak. It shipped out like 2 weeks before the CD was released.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

last days of gerry the elephant

of Montreal / Jon Brion Remix EP

Kal

squints

Passion Pit - Chunk of Change

This little ep is great. The first and last tracks are really fun.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

hedwig

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Quote from: squints on January 10, 2009, 05:02:47 PM

Passion Pit - Chunk of Change

This little ep is great. The first and last tracks are really fun.

I've heard good things about this.

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on January 12, 2009, 05:39:05 PM

This is about the last cover I'd ever expect from them - I guess because of their make out pic on Myspace.

Being that this is the second compilation, I expected a rag tag album, but it's very cohesive.
I haven't revisited Alone I in a while, but I remember it being very disjointed.
I think I may end up putting II up there with Blue/Pinkerton.

The liners are also very interesting - this time written in chronnological order and about his songwriting process.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

last days of gerry the elephant

Mmmm I want to hear that Matt & Kim album.

Currently enjoying and rocking the shit out of...

The Whitest Boy Alive - Rules

tpfkabi

Quote from: omuy on January 16, 2009, 10:45:18 AM
Currently enjoying and rocking the shit out of...

All I see is a red x.

I got She & Him for Christmas.
I'm very pleasantly surprised by Zooey's songwriting abilities.

Your = Yer