Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Sigur Rós

Hjaltalín - Sleepdrunk Seasons

Alexandro

Quote from: Stefen on September 27, 2008, 02:05:24 AM
DLZ off of TVOTR's new album is one of the best songs I've heard all year. Gotdamn, it's amazing.

to me, that whole album is the best of the year so far...

Pedro

Still listening to Of Montreal's Skeletal Lamping

Definitely my pick for best of the year.

JG

i don't like the band name or the album art, but department of eagles - in ear park sounds really really good.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

john

It's like a greatest hits package of the last five albums in an alternate universe.

Consistently listenable, too.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

mogwai

squints

Shugo Tokumaru - Exit

great album. incredible musician. I'd kill to see this guy pull this stuff off live.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Alexandro

I think I was too harsh on Santgold, even though is not better than MIA...

Does anyone has links to the dillinger four, ghost tropic and shugo tokumaro albums??

cinemanarchist

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/146585180/Dillinger_Four_-_Civi_War__2008__by_SKY.rar

New D4...and I'm only putting that up because you decided to go easy on Santogold...even though I am entirely burnt out on her album but that's after many many drunken trips home with it blaring from the iPhone.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Alexandro

yes, i like santogold, i think i resented the MIA comparison, which now i think is not really a fair one because they're not too much alike.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Alexandro on October 10, 2008, 02:27:13 AM
yes, i like santogold, i think i resented the MIA comparison, which now i think is not really a fair one because they're not too much alike.

Agreed, although they both sound great in commercials and trailers.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

last days of gerry the elephant

samsong

Alexandro

Quote from: JG on October 06, 2008, 10:41:12 PM
i don't like the band name or the album art, but department of eagles - in ear park sounds really really good.

it's awesome. just really beautiful from the moment it starts. i usually need something more catchy to get my attention but i was surprised of how easily i fell for it. each listen it gets better.