Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

New Feeling

mogwai

last days of gerry the elephant

I'm late on these guys, but I like it. I like it a lot.

mogwai

Quote from: I Love a Magician on September 14, 2008, 09:12:59 PM
Quote from: mogwai on September 14, 2008, 03:44:51 AM

love this shit. have you listened to his sun kil moon stuff?

a wee bit but nothing that sparked my interest. i have to dig those records up again, eh? :yabbse-smiley:

I Love a Magician

i'd suggest at least giving "ghosts of the great highway" another listen. i think it's better than any of his RHP stuff. "april" is pretty great too.

squints

Quote from: squints on August 20, 2008, 12:25:22 PM

Grampall Jookabox - Ropechain

I'll say it again. This guy is great. I can't stop listening to this album. It comes out on Asthmatic Kitty in november. He's touring the shit out of this country. If you want it let me know

www.myspace.com/grampalljookabox

I'm seeing him live tomorrow. Can't. Fucking. Wait.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

mogwai

Quote from: I Love a Magician on September 14, 2008, 11:14:58 PM
i'd suggest at least giving "ghosts of the great highway" another listen. i think it's better than any of his RHP stuff. "april" is pretty great too.

thank you very much for that, i stole bought the cd on the internet. with extra tracks too!

Stefen

I Love A Magician = Mark Kozelek

mogwai = sucker.

:yabbse-grin:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: Stefen on September 15, 2008, 11:37:39 AM
I Love A Magician = Mark Kozelek

mogwai = sucker.

:yabbse-grin:

pfft, i'm one member in daft punk, remember?

you are beck = outdated. :yabbse-grin:

john

I didn't even know Jenny Lewis had a new album out until I read Hedwig's post.

I was pretty excited considering Rabbit Fur Coat is a pretty enjoyable jangle of California Country Pop. It wasn't the Flying Burrito Brothers or anything, but it's charming and Lewis was mildly adorable.

Acid Tongue however, is just fucking terrible. Why do most "indie" sensations keep releasing boring, indistinguishable adult contemporary bullshit?

Almost as disappointing as the new Kings of Leon... who've been growing progressively more boring since their first album... which was a pretty fucking good album.

Maybe I'll go download Death Magnetic and complete this trifecta of disappointment. Or I'll give these Mogwai kids a chance... at least I'll have no expectations for them to live up to.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

Kings of Leon have always been shitty in my opinion. Perfect example of style over substance. I'm surprised it took this long for everyone to catch on. The reviews have been awful. I'm curious what P4K will rate it next week. Probably under 5. They'll probably rate it a perfect 10 just to go against the grain. They do that all the time.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Speaking of Warp, new Squarepusher leaked today as well. Downloaded it, but haven't listened yet.

hedwig