Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Stefen

Quote from: squints on December 28, 2008, 02:05:56 AM
Quote from: JG on December 25, 2008, 07:18:53 PM

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

most anticipated of 09!

holy smoke!

stefen. do your thing before you listen to it all the way through on the headphones. its like you hear the soft bulletin (sgt. pepper, pet sounds) for the first time.

so far the song "Bluish" is the sexy song of the day (i.e. a song to get laid to)

I did shrooms at like 2am on Christmas Eve, or day. I'm staying away from my thing for awhile. I had the worst Christmas day ever. Totally emotionally drained.

You do make me want to listen to soft bulletin, though.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

Quote from: Stefen on December 28, 2008, 06:12:25 PM
Quote from: squints on December 28, 2008, 02:05:56 AM
Quote from: JG on December 25, 2008, 07:18:53 PM

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

most anticipated of 09!

holy smoke!

stefen. do your thing before you listen to it all the way through on the headphones. its like you hear the soft bulletin (sgt. pepper, pet sounds) for the first time.

so far the song "Bluish" is the sexy song of the day (i.e. a song to get laid to)

I did shrooms at like 2am on Christmas Eve, or day. I'm staying away from my thing for awhile. I had the worst Christmas day ever. Totally emotionally drained.

You do make me want to listen to soft bulletin, though.

how much did you eat?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Stefen

Not much at all. I hadn't done them since I was in high school. I'll never do them again.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

New Feeling

shrooms are worth doing again and again

Alexandro

yeah, emotionally drained is good. if you want it to be good.

Stefen

I don't know. It just didn't feel worth it. It was fun, but I was so sick the next morning (Christmas Day) that I couldn't do anything but lay in bed. I couldn't even vomit because I couldn't keep anything in my stomach. It just wasn't worth it. I'd rather just smoke a little herb and stay mellow and wake up early the next morning.

hedwig

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

children with angels

I finally got this (it's taken a ridiculously long time, seeing as this is a collaboration between two of my absolute favourite artists, Fog and Why?, and it's been out for years). Had it for a couple of months, and I'm now beginning to love it more than almost any album I own:

Hymie's Basement - Hymie's Basement
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

squints

THANK YOU! so much for reminding me of that album. its been sitting untapped on my harddrive for like the past two years. I've been listening to alopecia so much this year and i don't know why i've never listened to hymie's basement before. I love fog. So far its really great. Really catchy but still kind of all over the place. Thanks again!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Upload that shit, yo.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Sigur Rós

Stefen

Quote from: children with angels on January 05, 2009, 07:13:44 AM
I finally got this (it's taken a ridiculously long time, seeing as this is a collaboration between two of my absolute favourite artists, Fog and Why?, and it's been out for years). Had it for a couple of months, and I'm now beginning to love it more than almost any album I own:

Hymie's Basement - Hymie's Basement

This is so good. Yoni Wolf has to be one of the most creative people working in music today. Some of the stuff he comes up with for his lyrics is genius.