Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

tpfkabi

yeah, Face the Truth only has one long song that i remember (and it doesn't feel long to me).
interestingly enough, of the 4 b-sides, 3 are pretty short and then one epic song.
Trash may have been a bit better for me if he took off one of the long songs and substituted a couple of shorter ones in it's place.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

john

Quote from: I Love a Magician on August 06, 2008, 07:54:01 AM
Face The Truth isn't really jammy at all

Yeah, your right.

I don't know what it is about it, then. Just never seemed focused to me. In my head, all those songs might as well be ten minutes long, each, because I could have sworn it was really fucking jammy.

SPeaking of b-sides... the EP that came with Pig Lib is better than anything that's on the actual album.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

tpfkabi

Quote from: john on August 06, 2008, 01:26:59 PM
SPeaking of b-sides... the EP that came with Pig Lib is better than anything that's on the actual album.

it only came with the first printings of the album, right?
i didn't get it with my copy that i bought a couple years later.
not too long ago i asked Matador if they planned to release it and they said they were considering putting it up as a digital download. i haven't checked up on it to see if they did.

hedwig

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

cinemanarchist

Chemical Brothers - Brotherhood

The new track on here with Spank Rock is even better than I was hoping for.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pwaybloe

Pretty damn good, isn't it? 

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pwaybloe on August 07, 2008, 02:56:56 PM

fleet foxes - fleet foxes

Pretty damn good, isn't it? 

yes it is. pick up Sun Giant if you haven't got it already... it's five tracks which sound like they'd be at home on the self titled album if not for slightly lower production quality

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

the music -strenght in numbers

not bad not bad. more like the first one than the shitty one.
context, context, context.

mogwai

i love her voice, it's very soothing.

tracklist:

1. anywhere i lay my head
2. innocent when you dream
3. falling down
4. i wish i was in new orleans
5. green grass
6. who are you
7. boys don't cry