Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Slint - Spiderland.

Did you know the cover photograph was taken by Will Oldham? I didn't. But, I hardly read.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

last days of gerry the elephant

PHOENIX
TWENTY
ONE
ONE ZERO

cinemanarchist

Summer has finally begun. It's party time.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

tpfkabi

Quote from: cron on May 28, 2008, 06:21:34 PM

www.sigurros.com

sigur rós is now animal collective.  :yabbse-thumbup:

the first thing i thought of was Sunny Day Real Estate - though i only heard the Amazon clip.
i think Jonsi sings like Jeremy Enigk at times.
i don't know about all this nude adult artwork though man.
they've had a little boy theme in a lot of their artwork and now nude adults.
hmm.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pozer

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Stefen on May 30, 2008, 11:21:52 PM

Slint - Spiderland.

Really good, classic album. I'd have liked to have heard them play it live at last year's Pitchfork festival.

Stefen

Sean Lennon is underrated. I consider this one of my all-time favorite albums. It;s so short, though. He doesn't come out with much (2 albums in 10 years), but I wish when he did come out with something, he made it longer.

Into The Sun is great, too. Late 90's goodness. Simpler times.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: modage on June 05, 2008, 01:48:08 PM

And you were giving me crap about listening to Weezer? I tried listening to this with the Brian Eno defense in mind and it still wasn't cutting the mustard. I don't hate Coldplay by any stretch of the imagination but they are about as disposable as Weezer. I'm also a huge The Hold Steady fan but it's just not my idea of summer rockin'. (sorry for mixing threads)

modage

if you hated coldplay this wont change your mind but it's not as if they were great at some point and then started to suck.  coldplay is disposable, but weezer didn't used to be. 

this is good: Congrats Make Believe, you're no longer Weezer's worst album.
http://www.avclub.com/content/music/weezer
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cinemanarchist

I think Weezer was always disposable...history has just deemed their first two records otherwise. The first time I heard Pinkerton I knew I loved it but never did I think I would still be listening to it and finding new things to appreciate. I might actually be seeing Coldplay in Chicago right after Lollapalooza so I don't want you to think I'm not a fan. Sometimes even soccer moms have good musical taste.

*I will say that when I listen to The Red Album I can't help but think about Bad Boys 2...and I think I might love them both for the same reasons...overproduced to the point of ridiculousness and both seemingly in on the joke.*

Stefen

You guys are arguing about two bands that both suck. Nothing wrong with liking crappy bands. I know I do. But it's not worth having a hipster shouting match over. Save your energy for the sarcasm festival.

Coldplay is actually alot like Weezer for me (and NIN for that matter) where I really have never heard anything from them that I like, but I give each of their albums a chance because it's like I'm supposed to like them, but I end up not liking them.

I'll be checking the new Coldplay album out when I get home thus lifting my ban on not paying attention to anything created by someone who's dipped their dick in Paltrow.

cinemanarchist

Thanks for bringing it back down to earth Stefen. I think this was all just an excuse for me to talk about Bad Boys 2 in a musical context.