Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Stefen on May 15, 2008, 07:45:46 PM
Yup. I've gone back to buying CD's too. If you buy used, they're not that expensive. I never spend more than $5 a CD.
$5? I dunno where you're getting these CDs but keep going so they stay in business. The place I go to here sells used CDs for the same price but those are the ones that nobody's heard of. The more well-known stuff is like 7-8.

Anyways,

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: modage on May 15, 2008, 06:05:48 PM
thats a little bit ironic because last week like 20 people got laid off from my graphic design job, but i was one of the lucky ones (and was not).  i ordered that from matador a month or two ago after i read about it on pitchfork and decided to buy it so i could see the doc, but the ep was a pretty good incentive too.  12 songs, b-sides, demos, a few live things.  this is the first cd i've bought since In Rainbows.  crazy.  it's kinda neat to have a physical thing.

http://bolachasgratis.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-national-the-virginia-ep-2008/

http://www.amazon.com/Skin-Night-Virginia-Ep-2pc/dp/B0016MJ2TG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1210892733&sr=8-1

That looks interesting. I'm going to place an order for this and hopefully get into this band. Thanks for sharing mod.

cinemanarchist

Wolf Parade - At Mount Zoomer
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pedro

cinemanarchist

Chest Rockwell

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

john

Quote from: modage on May 23, 2008, 12:46:44 PM

Whoa...

Is this on a blog somewhere?

Can I be listening to this RIGHT NOW?

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

It's Boris, not Nick Drake.

I wish my ears could talk. They'd say wonderful things after a nap.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

i'm looking to get into this. what's the essential boris album?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Quote from: squints on May 27, 2008, 04:18:05 AM
i'm looking to get into this. what's the essential boris album?

I only have (and have only heard) that one, Pink, Flood, and Smile. Akuma No Uta (the one I posted) is probably my fave right now, but Pink is also very good. Flood is alot slower and, dare I say, "boring" but it's still a great listen if you're into drone. Smile (that's the new one) is getting pretty good reviews, but it hasn't caught on with me yet. Eventually, I'm sure it will, but like most of their music, it takes time.

They're kind of all over the place and one of those bands that has SO much stuff that unless you're a hardcore fan, it's impossible to hear it all.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

www.sigurros.com

sigur rós is now animal collective.  :yabbse-thumbup:

context, context, context.

last days of gerry the elephant

Walter Meego - Voyager

If you're a fan of Cut Copy or Presets, check these guys out.

cinemanarchist