Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

cinemanarchist

Portishead - Third
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

Isn't it a crappy transcode that cuts off 30 seconds early on each track? I've been waiting for this album for 10 years. I can wait a couple weeks more.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on March 07, 2008, 06:33:34 PM
Isn't it a crappy transcode that cuts off 30 seconds early on each track? I've been waiting for this album for 10 years. I can wait a couple weeks more.

Some, but not all of the tracks do cut out before they are over. If you are a purist I would certainly wait but the quality is decent and it's a fantastic record upon first listen.

Quote from: cinemanarchist on March 07, 2008, 06:17:41 PM

Portishead - Third

fucking masterpiece. i heard it while on the subway today and it was one of the best times i've had with my ipod as a soundtrack for doing some cool walking. also, i think the artwork is brilliance. favourite song so far is 'the rip'.
context, context, context.

JG

hey cron wat do u think of the new destroyer?

i didn't like it. the songwriting's not as legendary as in rubies or streethawk.  so far this year, i've only liked british sea power's , nick cave's and this baby.
context, context, context.

I Love a Magician

Quote from: cron on March 08, 2008, 05:29:12 PMi didn't like it. the songwriting's not as legendary as in rubies

i'm gonna agree with you that it's not nearly as good as rubies (i don't think your blues or streethawk either though and those are both great) but i still like every song on the album.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cron on March 08, 2008, 05:17:14 PM
favourite song so far is 'the rip'.

Out of this world good....

john

New Malkmus...

Avoided downloading it out of some sort of strange indifference, but bought it on street date... what the fuck was I thinking? Album shreds. Reminded me of everything good SM and (various) Co. have ever done. and still feels new.

NC - Dig!!!...

What everyone else has said plus some.

Jason Isbell's solo album...

Took me a while to purchase. 'S alright. Real good, but no DBT.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Pedro

Like cron, I do not think this is up to Dan Bejar's past excellence.  It's just not as engaging as his other albums.  It seems like he's releasing b-sides from Rubies.  However, it's still Destroyer, so I like some of it quite a lot.

cinemanarchist

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mt5kcj
FabricLive 39 - DJ Yoda

Any mix that starts with Violent Femmes (Blister In The Sun) and goes on to feature Ice Cube, Handsome Boy Modeling School and Bell Biv Devoe can't be all bad.

squints

Camera Obscura - Let's Get out of this country

I'm pretty fuckin' late on this but this cd is amazing!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on March 07, 2008, 11:20:25 AM

I love it so much.

i'm really digging the first track and Out of Reaches.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Chest Rockwell

I stumbled upon a small treasure trough of pretty good music, and it's the fucking local library of all places! I checked out Pavement's Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Reduxe, Mogwai's Mr. Beast, We Are the Pipettes, The Stage Names, Broken Social Scene, and a few others.

Bought Daydream Nation for pretty cheap, and got

used for $7.99. The deluxe version. Good stuff.