Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

NEON MERCURY

gutter twins(i.e. dulli and LANEGAN)-saturnalia

mogwai

36 instrumental songs. and yes, i stole it.

last days of gerry the elephant

Wow mog, you've seemed to impress me with your choice this time.

I'm listening to what he's listening to.

RegularKarate

Quote from: mogwai on March 04, 2008, 12:05:21 PM
36 instrumental songs. and yes, i stole it.

Good call, it's not even worth the five bucks he was charging for the whole thing... ugh, how lazy

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwai on March 04, 2008, 12:05:21 PMand yes, i stole it.

I would too, if I could find a link.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cinemanarchist

Quote from: mogwai on March 04, 2008, 01:36:53 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on March 04, 2008, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: mogwai on March 04, 2008, 12:05:21 PMand yes, i stole it.

I would too, if I could find a link.

here, my friend

For once I actually paid for something that everyone else stole...and I don't even like NIN but the first track alone sold me and I thought I would show my support.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

tpfkabi

he really took the In Rainbows model to a whole nother level!

that $300 package gives you each track within each song, meaning you can remix it however you want.
interesting idea.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

gave it a listen because Zooey Deschanel is hot.  kept listening because M. Ward is good.

Sentimental Heart, I Should Have Known Better and Sweet Darlin'.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: modage on March 04, 2008, 07:54:19 PM

gave it a listen because Zooey Deschanel is hot.  kept listening because M. Ward is good.

This was my reasoning as well.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cinemanarchist

Son Lux - At War With Walls And Mazes

The newest Anticon release....a fairly sizable departure in sound for the label. Not sure what to make of it yet but I can already tell I'm going to be listening to this a lot.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

modage

Quote from: cron on February 23, 2008, 01:16:56 PM
nick cave & the bad seeds
sooooo good

i don't really know Nick Cave but i'm going to see him tomorrow for 10 bucks with a friend who is a big fan so i've been listening to the new album.  i really like Todays Lesson and Albert Goes West.

me:

Moonbeams by Throw Me the Statue

Lolita on repeat.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

I love it so much.

modage

nick cave was AWESOME.  i'm going to get into him now. 

Stefen

Real Emotional Trash is fantastic.

I'm not feeling Dig, Lazarus, Dig! too much. I think it's a grower. Murder Ballads is one of my favorite albums OF ALL TIME, so it's not like a playa hater.

Supposedly the new Portishead album leaked, but I don't believe it since it's not at Waffles or What. I don't think it's a real album anyways. It'd be too good to be true if they did make another album.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.