Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Stefen

Neil Young - On The Beach.

The title track may be one of the sexiest songs I've ever heard.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

if you're a CSNY fan but don't know who these guys are... pick this up.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on July 25, 2008, 10:50:11 PM

Neil Young - On The Beach.

The title track may be one of the sexiest songs I've ever heard.

good one.
i lucked out and saw this in the $1 floor bin at this local record shop.
i guess it was there because there was water damage to the jacket, but the record itself played fine.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

hedwig

last days of gerry the elephant

Interesting cover, whats this like Hedwig?

cinemanarchist

The Bug - London Zoo

I hate it when Pitchfork is right but this really is phenomenal.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

I would just like to say Stevie Wonder is awesome. I've been listening to Songs In The Key Of Life all night and it's just so good. His voice, musicianship, lyrics, just everything he does is so amazing.

I don't think he gets the props he deserves. He's been an amazing musician since he was literally like 12 years old.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

Quote from: omuy on August 02, 2008, 12:29:27 PM

he's a british producer-turned-artist. lots of energy but gets kind of repetitive. he does some cool stuff with a theremin.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

Quote from: omuy on August 02, 2008, 12:29:27 PM
it's alright. the man's got much potential to be soulful and great (sometimes he sings like otis redding for godsake) but the songs just don't grab me.

Quote from: Stefen on August 02, 2008, 11:12:09 PM
I would just like to say Stevie Wonder is awesome. I've been listening to Songs In The Key Of Life all night and it's just so good. His voice, musicianship, lyrics, just everything he does is so amazing.

I don't think he gets the props he deserves. He's been an amazing musician since he was literally like 12 years old.
totally.

tpfkabi

when someone is this iconic you'd think i'd look into them sooner.....but now i have, and now i shall delve deeper...

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on August 04, 2008, 07:51:04 AMwhen someone is this iconic you'd think i'd look into them sooner.....but now i have, and now i shall delve deeper...

Try Blood & Chocolate next.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Love a Magician

kind of hated this at first but it's really grown on me quite a bit. i usually prefer his shorter poppier songs (Vanessa From Queens, Freeze the Saints, Us) but the long jammy songs on this are great.

tpfkabi

Quote from: I Love a Magician on August 05, 2008, 08:12:56 PM
kind of hated this at first but it's really grown on me quite a bit. i usually prefer his shorter poppier songs (Vanessa From Queens, Freeze the Saints, Us) but the long jammy songs on this are great.

yeah. i can't really listen to all the songs together, but i find myself coming back to different songs at different times.

i'm really glad i did the Buy Early Get Now.
basically i ended up with a free EP (4 b-sides that are all good) and a free live album.

john

Malkmus kinda lost me after Pig Lib because of the more jammy elements... I had no hope in Real Emotional Trash connecting ith me, but I think he really perfected his earlier intentions. It's completely jammy, with songs spacing out only to come back together in the final third with even more energy than they started out with.

Very Marquee Moon.

Currently listening:

New Conor Oberst.

New Randy Newman.

Oberst has always been real hit-and-miss with me, with the hits being really fucking satisfying. This is no exception. The first half with really boring, kinda generic adult contempory Clapton-esque bullshit, but the second half is a damn enjoyale country rave-up. Nothing new, but a good listen.

Newman's new album made my day, though. It's nice to have him back.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

I Love a Magician

Face The Truth isn't really jammy at all