Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Stefen

When did that leak? I'm at work, so I won't be hearing it till this afternoon. How is it? It it cheezy and poppy/selloutty or is it original?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

as far as i know, it leaked today.  first impression (i'm halfway through my 2nd listen) is: it's no Z.  the first 3 songs are the weirdest on the album but then it settles into more familiar (pre-Z) territory.  but.... it could be a grower.  i really like Highly Suspicious.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

Quote from: cron on April 19, 2008, 07:42:04 PM

me likey, blind and iris are fantastic.

i really like this, much more soulful than your average DFA release. i've been listening to iris an awful lot.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

samsong

Stefen

Anyone else feeling this? They just get better and better. I used to be really upset that they went more stylized instead of their bare bones stripped down style, but they finally nail it here. Same Old Thing is just amazing and So He Won't Break is really sexy.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

oh, absolutely. this year's been very noble so far.
context, context, context.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on March 05, 2008, 08:46:32 AM
Quote from: modage on March 04, 2008, 07:54:19 PM

gave it a listen because Zooey Deschanel is hot.  kept listening because M. Ward is good.

This was my reasoning as well.

I LOVE this album.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Walrus on April 11, 2008, 11:18:55 PM
I guess I'm late on the bandwagon.  I'm still really digging the album, though.

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

And of course, the reason I had to check it out, and if you haven't seen it yet, the reason you may also:

EDIT: Apparently this is in the movie 21.  I still have no inclination to see it.
I also just gave this CD a listen recently and it's REALLY good. Time to Pretend has been going through my head for the past week.

hedwig

cinemanarchist

The Roots - Rising Down

About as upbeat as the cover art would lead you to believe. Not sure what I think yet but there's certainly more electronic influences this time around. Too many guest MC's.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

Anyone who's one now, AT & T Blue Room is streaming Coachella here http://www.attblueroom.com/music/Coachella-Valley-Music-and-Arts-Festival/live-webcast.php

Animal Collective now, but soon Portishead is playing.

brockly

Quote from: Stefen on April 26, 2008, 11:06:57 PM
Anyone who's one now, AT & T Blue Room is streaming Coachella..

soon Portishead is playing.

thanks. that was amazing.

Stefen

Yeah, it was fantastic. I didn't care for that version of Wandering Star, but the last 20 seconds really made up for it.