The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Slick ShoesFollowed by a Q & A with the director.

Take a pair of scissors and run up and cut that hair back it's non-girly look.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Slick Shoes

MacGuffin

Quote from: Slick ShoesAnything else?

Find out about a Criterion Bottle Rocket.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

yeah, what state are you in again?  and how soon can i fly there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

ask if he can get Criterion to do a documentary on Mark Mothersbaugh.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

samsong

Quote from: Slick ShoesI have tickets to see this next Thursday 11-18.

Followed by a Q & A with the director.

so do i.

Bethie

Regarding that poster- I bet a lot of you losers will go out shopping* to try to find that red hat.

Regarding the losers that get to see an advance screening of Life Aquatic followed by a q&a- may you die tragically...before the show.

*excuse me, I meant online shopping.
who likes movies anyway

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: BethieRegarding that poster- I bet a lot of you losers will go out shopping* to try to find that red hat.
I've already a red cap and a speedo.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

cine

Quote from: ranemaka13
Quote from: BethieRegarding that poster- I bet a lot of you losers will go out shopping* to try to find that red hat.
I've already a red cap and a speedo.
And I've found that aquatic life and put it on my face.

RegularKarate

Quote from: ranemaka13I've already a red cap and a speedo.
Quote from: CinephileAnd I've found that aquatic life and put it on my face.

and I couldn't let Cine win, so I did the same and got the word "DECEMBER" tatooed in red on my neck.

Pozer

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: ranemaka13I've already a red cap and a speedo.
Quote from: CinephileAnd I've found that aquatic life and put it on my face.

and I couldn't let Cine win, so I did the same and got the word "DECEMBER" tatooed in red on my neck.

Yeah, well I did all that plus trained my mind to only think of the words: Bill MURRAY THE LIFE AQUATIC with STEVE ZISSOU. And now I let my thought bubble show.

picolas

i'm the one who took Wes Anderson's old face + glasses. and i rub my eyes a shitload every day to retain my "crazy eye." and i banged my head on a table a bunch of times so it wouldn't grow hair anymore and then i cut off my hair and glued it to my "official Zissou beard-regions." and then i fucked a fish mr. show rip off-style. and i have a remote-controlled gun trained to my head for the exact moment Wes dies (Wes controls the trigger from a long piece of thread attached to his heart. it's kind of hard to tell you how it works without being right in front of you.)

modage

for anyone else who wants to be inflamed with jealousy, TLA was screened tonight in NYC with Wes there for a Q&A.  so there are people who have no seen the film.  and they're not us, and if they are... i hate you.

The Directors Series Presents: Life Aquatic  
Date and Time:
11/10/2004
6:00pm

721 Broadway, Lower Concourse

The Directors Series presents a special screening of Life Aquatic directed by Wes Anderson, who will be interviewed afterwards by former New York Times film critic, Elvis Mitchell.  Space is limited for this screening and a special email will inform you about ticket distribution. Presented by the Kanbar Institute of Film & Television.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

When Mutinyco posts here, I'm going down there and slitting his throat.

modage