The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

ono

I could've sworn it was thirteen.

(Thanks, pete -- and Mac.)

Pedro

A Matter Of Chance

bonanzataz

i've felt for about a year now that every song off of the "ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars" album could cut together really nicely in a trailer. i guess wes felt like proving me right...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

UncleJoey

Yeah, I'm also really excited, although I doubt many Xixaxers aren't.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Sal

Can Anderson do any wrong?  Jesus.  That guy's a genius.  Give him the right material and he soars.  I can't wait for this.

mogwai

looks like a live action version of finding nemo. which is good.

cine

Oh my lord. When Willem Dafoe says "Thanks... Thanks a lot - for not picking me.." I died laughing.

The Disco Kid

Ive been eagerly anticipating this one for a long time. I was a little disappointed by the unfunniness of the trailer. I was also hoping Murray would really be hamming it up, way over-the-top, but he seemed pretty standard Murray. Eh, I'm still eager to see this though. Ive got faith in Anderson and Co.

pete

cool, another boston kid.  yay boston kid, boo not laughing at the trailer.
man, only your 34th post and we've already developed a love/hate relationship.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

Quote from: bonanzatazi've felt for about a year now that every song off of the "ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars" album could cut together really nicely in a trailer. i guess wes felt like proving me right...

what were the songs in the trailer?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Fernando

Quote from: CinephileOh my lord. When Willem Dafoe says "Thanks... Thanks a lot - for not picking me.." I died laughing.

:rofl:

This will be amazing.   :multi:

ElPandaRoyal

I also felt a little disappointed by that trailer, I have to admit it. I really am hoping for this to be one of the best films of the year, but this trailer kind of scared the shit out of me  :?
Si

mogwai

Quote from: pete
Quote from: bonanzatazi've felt for about a year now that every song off of the "ziggy stardust and the spiders from mars" album could cut together really nicely in a trailer. i guess wes felt like proving me right...

what were the songs in the trailer?
apart from the catchy disco tune playing in bull murray's diving helmet?

matt35mm

The trailer did feel slight, and perhaps TOO cheeky.

But yes, the Willem Dafoe "thanks for not picking me" thing was hilarious.  I definitely laughed at that part.  I think that may have been the only thing I laughed out loud at, though.