The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

Pubrick

aintitcoolnews can eat a dick.

they've never been right about anything.
under the paving stones.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: Pubrickaintitcoolnews can eat a dick.

they've never been right about anything.

youve gotta point....

'Punisher' as movie of the year....

constant updates on Godzilla movies....

I hear ya

The Disco Kid

Gotta agree about AICN. The site sucks out loud. Anyone who defers their tastes in movies to that fat retard might as well become a scientologist.

About The Redux---Best of 2001? You've gotta be kidding. That revisitation completely destroyed everything that made the original one of the best movies of all time. It completely destroyed its dynamic, diluted its meaning, and turned Col. Kurtz into nothing more than an overweight bully version of Dennis Hopper's character. The redux is an utter abomination! Ive been trying to forget it ever since I first saw it so not to contaminate my impression of one of the greatest masterpieces of the twentieth century.

The Redux is to Apocalypse what The Godfather part 3 is to the Godfather 1 and 2.

...And if you really want to be technical about it, the best film released in 2001 was... 2001.

A Matter Of Chance

There's and even better pic in the new EW.

I am so excited for this movie.

mogwai

Quote from: A Matter Of Chancepetter
:?:

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: A Matter Of Chancepetter
:?:

Sorry... I meant better.

All changed now.

modage

Mark your calendars.  According to the new Premiere, The Life Aquatic will be released (the rumored date of) December 25th.  (Although this could change....)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

Quote from: themodernage02Mark your calendars.  According to the new Premiere, The Life Aquatic will be released (the rumored date of) December 25th.  (Although this could change....)

WAAH!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

From Entertainment Weekly:

Anderson, director of the geek-chic comedies Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums, has never had an easy time boiling his movies down to a quick, simple pitch: "What I do is sort of the opposite of that," he deadpans. "Unboiling." When it comes to his latest film, he's more adrift than ever. Basically, it's the story of a Jacques Cousteau-esque oceanographer/filmmaker named Steve Zissou (Murray, in his tragi-comedy wheelhouse), who is struggling to finish his latest underwater-exploration documentary. Along for the ride are Wilson, playing a pilot for Air Kentucky; Blanchett, as a reporter working on a profile of Zissou; Huston, as Zissou's dissatisfied wife; Goldblum, as his pompous rival; and Dafoe, as his loyal German crewmate, Klaus. So, yeah -- it's that kind of movie.

Shot mainly in Italy with a large international cast, Aquatic is by far Anderson's most complicated project to date. Among the many logistical challenges, he had to retrofit a World War II warship into Zissou's research vessel, the Belafonte, and, with the help of animator Heny Selick (Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas), create an entire world of not-quite-real sea creatures, like the jaguar shark and the sugar crab. And, of course, he had to shoot on the ocean, which for a guy whose films have all been fairly small-scale, landlocked affairs was "completely chaotic and wild."

Dafoe says the adventure of making the film ultimately helped to feed the story. "The first day, we had rough seas and I'd say about 99 percent of the people got really ill," he says. "But it's a bonding experience, you know, to be puking with your costars over the side of a boat."

Quote from: themodernage02Mark your calendars.  According to the new Premiere, The Life Aquatic will be released (the rumored date of) December 25th.  (Although this could change....)

Dec. 10
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinFrom Entertainment Weekly:
Dec. 10
damn, that was fast!  :-D
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Bet it will be a limited release, expanding on or after Christmas.

UncleJoey

Bet I'll see it, like, three times the week it opens.

Because I'm a loser.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

bonanzataz

Quote from: UncleJoeyBet I'll see it, like, three times the week it opens.

Because I'm a loser.

we don't use that word here.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

UncleJoey

Bet I'll see it, like, three times the week it opens.

Because I'm a winner.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

MacGuffin

For the twelve people who check this forum, pete presents:

Trailer here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks