The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

lamas

Wes Anderson's next film reportedly starts filming in the fall with Bill Murray, Owen Wilson and Nicole Kidman.  I'll bet it'll be pretty friggin' excellent.

Duck Sauce

Clue us in on some more details, see if you can beat Macguffin.

MacGuffin

Jan 31, 2003:Rumor has it that Anderson has been secretly working on a "huge" project involving an oceanographer, set mainly in France and Mexico. The tentative title for the film is, "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou," with Bill Murray playing the lead.

Sources also point towards the inclusion of Jason Schwartzman (who made his acting debut in "Rushmore"), Gwyneth Paltrow, and of course, Owen Wilson. Mothersbaugh, the music director in all of Anderson's films, has said that there is a possibility that the whole movie could take place on a boat.

For the first time in his career, Anderson is not writing with the help of Wilson, but instead with Noah Baumbach (whose next script, "The Squid and the Whale," is being produced by Anderson).

Article

More here:
http://wesanderson.org/untitled/
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Game goes to Macguffin.

Whats this Kidman news I hear? Where did that come from?

Him

that's ok. i hear that jerry bruckheimer wants her and tom cruise for a days of thunder prequel.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: mrsimonray
Lord let this be untrue, Kidman is thrusting herself too stongly into too many different projects. She's becoming boring and her acting is going downhill. I'll bet she's after a Coen Bros or PTA movie next.

I dont have a prob with her being in a PTA movie, especially if there is nudity. But she does need to calm down on all the movies. At first I thought it was cool, but it got a little old seeing her name attached to every movie.

The Silver Bullet

Really? I don't think so at all. Firstly, she isn't becomming boring, and secondly, her acting is at its peak; she has never been better. And you have to remember also that all of these films are not going to come out at the same time, and most importantly, that because she is the name of everybody's lips right now, you going to hear that she is attached to every movie where in actual fact she is attached to less than half of them.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Duck Sauce

You took what I said to literally. I dont want Kidman to stop making movies, I just think its cooler when you have to wait a little while to see her. Id like to see her be a little more selective, but I dont run her career, so whatever.

bonanzataz

Quote from: The Silver Bullether acting is at its peak; she has never been better.

I actually think Kidman's best performance was in "To Die For." That movie just plain rocked.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

tpfkabi

i traded in some old cd's for the RT soundtrack. after reading WA's comments about Mark Mothersbaugh (the scorer of all his films) I hope they have an extra on the next DVD showing Mothersbaugh through the writing, scoring and recording process. Seems like that would be cool and definitely interesting.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Newtron

Does anyone remember who Emma Thompson is?

Ernie

Kidman or no Kidman I already can't wait for this fucking movie. I'm so glad to see Schwartzman back...and Owen Wilson too, he can finally be funny again after all those fucking lame action movies.

Looks like Bill Murray is becoming Wes' Phil Hoffman...that's awesome....I love the guy. He really works great with Wes, their both geniuses.

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeaman69Kidman or no Kidman I already can't wait for this fucking movie. I'm so glad to see Schwartzman back...and Owen Wilson too, he can finally be funny again after all those fucking lame action movies.
u don't hav to swear just cos u can.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

Quote from: Pu don't hav to swear just cos u can.

fuck you ya fuckin' fuck!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls