The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

cowboykurtis

did anyone see the article about wes and life qquatic in the new PAPER mag -- wes anderson looks like he had plastic surgery -- really looks bizarre -- pretty boring article all around -- worth flippin through
...your excuses are your own...

Redlum

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

website seems to have some new stuff on it.

http://lifeaquatic.movies.go.com/main.html

also confirms Dec 10th NY/LA and 25th wide.  which means i'm driving 5 hours up to new york that weekend.  it was so much easier when i lived in philadelphia.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

lamas

were they seriously selling some limited edition zissou adidas kicks?

MacGuffin

From the current Entertainment Weekly:

Global Storming
Postcards from the egde of moviemaking on location.

The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Location Italy: Smitten with Rome's Cinecitta Studios during a press tour for The Royal Tenenbaums, director Wes Anderson purposely shaped this script, about a Jacques Cousteau-style oceanographer (played by Bill Murray), to film on the boot-shaped peninsula.

Island Hopping: In addition to Rome and Naples, "we also shot on the Mediterranean island of Ponza and on an uninhabited island next door," says producer Barry Mendel. "We scouted the coast a few times by motorboat, which was a cool way to [cast] locales."

A Novel Idea: Thanks to a mutual friend, author Gore Vidal allowed Anderson to film at his previously off-limits moutaintop estate in Ravello. Says Mendel, "It was a great honor."

Say Cheese: "There's a great scene [on one of the islands] where you can see the team running through this Vietnamesque landscape," adds Mendel. "You think you're in Apocalypse Now or something, but it's actually Sabaudia, the region where they make that fantastic mozzarella di buffalo."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

how long has the Life Aquaitc website had that much stuff on it?
last time i checked it was just a page with a picture.
i think i'm going to stop watching the clips because they're ruining the movie for me. jeff goldblum and the dog won't be as funny now.
i went into The Royal Tenenbaums without prior knowledge and it was one of the most enjoyable theatre experiences in my life.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

modage

i always thought the movie worked better with picture, but i'll have to try it someday.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

once you go without prior knowledge, you never go back.

tpfkabi

man, ya'll guys are really random.
whatever do you mean?

:wink:
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SHAFTR

Quote from: POZERonce you go blind, you never go back.

atleast if it's the result of too much masturbation.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pubrick

Quote from: ranemaka13
first he looks like sofia coppola, and now this..

he should just ask jonze out already.
under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

It's a little bit Malkovich and a little bit P-DL DVD...
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Slick Shoes

I have tickets to see this next Thursday 11-18.

Followed by a Q & A with the director.