Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Stefen

Quote from: modage on June 08, 2008, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: Stefen on June 08, 2008, 12:46:06 AM
Highly recommended.
i love Your Protector but otherwise i'm still waiting for this album to grow on me.

Yeah, well, I was drunk so it grew on me too quick.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Chest Rockwell

brockly

me too. too bad about the quality. i'll be seeing these fuckers in august.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: brockly on June 10, 2008, 09:07:49 AM
me too. too bad about the quality. i'll be seeing these fuckers in august.
:yabbse-angry:

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

where??? how is it???
context, context, context.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

My favourite album of 2008 so far...

Redlum

I'm not one to post an album of something Pitchfork just gave a good review to like some other jerks on this site, but this is REALLY good. It's kind of all over the place, but in a good way. It never wears out it's welcome. As soon as you get tired of a song, it ends and the next one starts that is so different than any you had heard before on the album. I like albums that keep you guessing without getting annoying and this definitely fits in that categorization. My favorite track is probably Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. It's just very serene and easy to follow. So many times I have problems following lyrics, but not here. It's an album that won't sound dated, either.

Highly recommended.

This is coming out on Monday here so I'm listening to their EP until then

I've been listening to Mykonos on repeat most of today.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

modage

Quote from: Redlum on June 13, 2008, 01:15:15 PM

I'm not one to post an album of something Pitchfork just gave a good review to like some other jerks on this site, but this is REALLY good. It's kind of all over the place, but in a good way. It never wears out it's welcome. As soon as you get tired of a song, it ends and the next one starts that is so different than any you had heard before on the album. I like albums that keep you guessing without getting annoying and this definitely fits in that categorization. My favorite track is probably Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. It's just very serene and easy to follow. So many times I have problems following lyrics, but not here. It's an album that won't sound dated, either.

Highly recommended.

This is coming out on Monday here so I'm listening to their EP until then

I've been listening to Mykonos on repeat most of today.
yeah, dude.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cinemanarchist

http://www.myspace.com/girltalkmusic

He's taken down everything except a single track to promote the release of his new album which is being released Radiohead style (pay what you want) and will be released without notice, NIN style. The track when played backwards and sped up says "Feed The Animals," the name of the new album. Here's to hoping it drops soon.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

squints

I was close to opening up for girltalk this month. maybe next time :(

Does anyone here listen to Joan of Arc, Make Believe or any of Tim Consella's stuff?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cinemanarchist

Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 14, 2008, 11:09:40 PM
http://www.myspace.com/girltalkmusic

He's taken down everything except a single track to promote the release of his new album which is being released Radiohead style (pay what you want) and will be released without notice, NIN style. The track when played backwards and sped up says "Feed The Animals," the name of the new album. Here's to hoping it drops soon.

Pitchfork says it should be out Wed. or Thurs.  :)
My assholeness knows no bounds.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.