Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

tpfkabi

it seems every album pic from Amazon i put up here has the white border added around it.
i don't know why anyone would add that and upload it.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

It's not the border. It's more her face. She's really pretty but that's the most annoying picture I've ever seen of her.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

she looks like a hot ET.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

^haha perfect.

She's also rather annoying in the video for actor. I've seen her in person and she isn't that annoying.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Stefen on June 17, 2009, 04:19:22 PM
It's not the border. It's more her face. She's really pretty but that's the most annoying picture I've ever seen of her.

she's "acting."

matt35mm

St. Vincent reminds me of a friend of mine who I had a crush on and she had a crush on me but at completely different times and it never worked out and now she's engaged and pregnant.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on June 17, 2009, 12:17:41 PM
(may be lame but) I'm looking for the new Pete Yorn album.  its on iTunes but I can't find it floating around yet.  anyone? 

I didn't know it was finally coming out!

Hook a brother up?
My house, my rules, my coffee

Neil

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on May 19, 2009, 03:36:52 PM

whoa. I'm late on everything, i'm streaming this. did anyone throw a link out there for this?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

tpfkabi

what about the idea of a Now Watching for whatever films you've watched (or is there already one I'm not aware of)?

Stefen

^ I don't like that idea because I'd rather bump the thread of that movie so we can get some discussion going in that specific thread. Xixax is more of a movie site so I think a now playing thread works since it's music related and music doesn't tend to create as much discussion as a film does.

squints

there's already a "What's in your dvd player?" thread thats all sticky in DVD Talk

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=6100.msg276447#new

and thats essentially this thread but for movies

meanwhile:

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on June 23, 2009, 03:55:14 PM
there's already a "What's in your dvd player?" thread thats all sticky in DVD Talk

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=6100.msg276447#new

and thats essentially this thread but for movies

most of what i watch now are TV movies (TCM) or even crappy movies like House Party 4 or Death Wish 3 which won't have threads.  :yabbse-grin:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

^ great record
avoid punkgasm though. not so good.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks