Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

hedwig

Sigur Rós

Looking forward to seeing them in NY later this month. This album is amazing!

Stefen

SIGUR!!! What are you doing in NY?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Stefen on August 14, 2009, 11:51:31 AM
SIGUR!!! What are you doing in NY?

Living the sweet life  :)

hedwig

[goats head soup]

Neil

I've been playing beatles and Mccartney non stop, i will be in dallas tomorrow to see the last stop of his tour.  I imagine that if this set i anything like the one he played in boston i'll be able to die happy

Donnie you're out of you're element
I am the walrus?

at the moment:

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

squints

edit: this is pretty classic. patton is on his game. better than werewolves and lollipops
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SiliasRuby

Quote from: hedwig on August 18, 2009, 02:20:52 PM
                     [goats head soup]
Great album but not my fav. stones.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Neil

One of my favorite Dylan Albums.

AND I'm getting ready to deal out

sound track, and real life.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

polkablues

Quote from: squints on August 18, 2009, 10:23:34 PM

edit: this is pretty classic. patton is on his game. better than werewolves and lollipops

I wouldn't go that far, but any Patton Oswalt album is going to be an instant classic.  I lost my shit at "Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement".
My house, my rules, my coffee

squints

yeah i've listened to it a few times again now. I guess I like Feelin' Kinda Patton the best but...

"you won't wear a shirt and you'll cry"
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

john

Around last February or so, I decided to stop seeing Oswalt live for a while I'd been catching him mostly at Largo in La, or Cobbs in SF. Each time was pretty terrific, with lots of new material, tangents, and clever variations of jokes he's told before. But I realized I'd been quoting way too much unreleased stuff to my friends and was really worried bits like "sky cake" and "sad Tom Waits magician" would already be played out by the time I actually got the fucking CD. I'm glad I held off, but really, this will still be enjoyable listen after listen (ex: his last two fucking CDs.)

It always surprises me how consistently enthusiastic, articulate, and genuinely funny this dude is. He can be bitter without being pedantic, cynical without being snotty. He's like a faster, stronger, funnier David Cross.

UPDATE: The Room/Wiseau parody and the Tompkins/Oswalt/Galifianakis infomercial on the DVD are pretty neat, too.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

cinemanarchist

Treshures in ma teefers.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

squints

meanwhile...

Lightning Bolt - Earthly Delights

hell fuckin yeah!