Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pas

NOW PLAYING http://www.thebreakupalbum.com/

THE NEW SCARLETT JOHANSSON AND PETE YORN COLLABORATION, THIS IS VERY VERY GOOD.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on August 27, 2009, 08:23:50 PM
L. Bolt album

hell fuckin yeah!

Have you a link to this album?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: Pas Rap on August 27, 2009, 08:35:18 PM
NOW PLAYING http://www.thebreakupalbum.com/

THE NEW SCARLETT JOHANSSON AND PETE YORN COLLABORATION, THIS IS VERY VERY GOOD.

Agreed.  "Relator" is song of the year for me so far.  I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.  Scarlett Johansson's voice normally bores me to tears, but Pete Yorn knows exactly how to use it to its advantage.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Like most Yorn, this is listenable yet bland.

I'll take a listen to the full album, but it sounds so copycat/insincere.

Stefen

ScarJo is the worst. Has anyone done so much with so little talent?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Walrus on August 31, 2009, 07:35:24 PM
Prob'ly sucks.

It's got a few problems here and there but it's still decidedly better than American Gangster, which had problems but was still better than the movie, American Gangster. Did anyone see Jigga get interviewed by Bill Maher? He's a really great interview and I was surprised at how much Bill really seemed to love him and be familiar with his work. Bill is super hip until he starts to talk about hip-hop and then he quickly shifts into crotchety old white guy mode, but not with Hova.

SiliasRuby

I saw the bill maher interview and was surprised by his unapologetic love for Jigga's Music.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Neil

There is a touch to the vox on several tracks I truly dig. 
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

cinemanarchist

Sorry Jay, you might sell more copies but this is the classic that B.P. 3 simply won't ever be. Boggles the mind to think that so many of these tracks have been around for so long and yet it feels as current and relevant as the best shit out there. 

MacGuffin

Beck covers the entire Velvet Underground & Nico album
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.