Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

hedwig

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on June 24, 2009, 10:51:14 PM
^ great record
avoid punkgasm though. not so good.

You're definitely right, but I blame Battles for Punkgasm's falter.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Dirty Projectors song Still is the Move is probably my favorite song of the year.

Here's the video. I love these girls and think they're adorable. Also, I may be the only person who finds Dave Longstred's voice and guitar playing awesome.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/3698-dirty-projectors-stillness-is-the-move-domino
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on June 30, 2009, 07:03:12 PM
Dirty Projectors

I'm into this album.  There are parts where it gets a little too noodly or whatever, but the majority is really good.

Can someone who knows more about music tell me about Two Doves?  Is this song some kind of weird jazzy re-arrangement of These Days?  The guitar part sounds like it's the same notes mixed up a little and she even says "don't confront me with my failures".

tpfkabi

Quote from: RegularKarate on July 01, 2009, 02:17:36 PM
Quote from: Stefen on June 30, 2009, 07:03:12 PM
Dirty Projectors

I'm into this album.  There are parts where it gets a little too noodly or whatever, but the majority is really good.

Can someone who knows more about music tell me about Two Doves?  Is this song some kind of weird jazzy re-arrangement of These Days?  The guitar part sounds like it's the same notes mixed up a little and she even says "don't confront me with my failures".

Is Jackson Browne listed as a songwriter in the credits?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

squints

the guitar is played similarly. its that finger picking style (like travis picking) the chord changes are different though. i'm sure they had these days in mind when they were recording it.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

john

For the part two years:

My Friends: "Hey, John... you should really listen to Art Brut We think you would really like them."

Me: "Nah, fuck that. I don't like their name."

I was wrong. This album is pretty charming.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

squints

Chad VanGaalen - Soft Airplane

great record. track number 8 TMNT Mask is the most fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------
also -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X9JMFTHZ

3 new songs off the new Flaming lips album Embryonic. Sounds...interesting...the first track is my favorite so far.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

can someone send along the new Jay Reatard album if they find it?  he's been selling it at his shows so it should be out there.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

You mean the split tour 7"? It's on Indietorrents. It was uploaded 4 days ago. I'm at work so I can't get it but I can send you an invite so you can. Just PM me your email.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.