Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

haha.

walrus is gettin a party started.

meanwhile, early morning listenin':

Why?- Elephant Eyelash
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Yoni Wolf FTW.

Also, Andrew W.K. is awesome.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on May 20, 2009, 09:27:44 AM
Also, Andrew W.K. is awesome.

In order to get the picture, I had to dig through Google Image search.  I snagged this off of Pitchfork's website, the review of the album is so caustic.  No surprise, I guess, but they only gave it a 0.6.

Therefore, fuck Pitchfork.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

P4K gets it right more often than not, but some of their reviews are so off the mark it's not even funny.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: SiliasRuby on May 20, 2009, 12:09:47 AM
What? you didn't pick up the new dylan?
Oh no, I did. The day you posted the cover.

You should check out Rolling Stone's lengthy article on him in their newest issue. It puts the album in a wonderful context.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

tpfkabi

i've throughly explored his 60's output and some of the 70's, but i tried to stream some of the new one and i just can't listen to his voice as it is now.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I forgot how good this album is. This and any LCD Soundsystem are the perfect running music. This hits so hard.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

PainKiller - Talisman: Live in Nagoya

I don't know if anyone else here is a Zorn fan, but PainKiller is one hell of a sound experience.  It goes through waves of soothing ambience and earsplitting saxophone over grindcore drums and modulated guitar shredding.  Later on, Mike Patton got into the mix adding some bizarre shouting vocal work.  Definitely worth a listen if you are into the avant garde end of music, but if you are not... well, I'm not quite sure where to suggest would be a good entry.  It's an acquired taste, but oh so delicious.

Pedro

Painkiller is pretty interesting if you're into that sort of thing.  It reminds me very much of Zorn's COBRA improv "game".  While I appreciate what they do, I can't listen to it in a concentrated way without getting annoyed/bored with it, regardless of how much complicated musical content there is.

These days, I'm more of a soft-rock guy:

The Autumn Defense - s/t

see you next tuesday - parasite

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche