Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

OrHowILearnedTo

squints

Just the best shit ever. RIP Jay
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Quote from: squints on May 29, 2009, 04:35:57 PM

Just the best shit ever. RIP Jay

Have you downloaded Jay Stay Paid yet? It just leaked yesterday. I haven't heard it yet but I can't wait.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

i haven't. i'd like to. if you know what i'm sayin....
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This is all I have of Bonnie "Prince" Billy, and I've been totally consumed by it.  Can anyone suggest where to go now?  Any particular Will Oldham/Bonnie "Prince" Billy/Palace, etc. album(s) that are the next logical step(s)?

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Get I See A Darkness. It's his masterpiece. My next fave it Lie Down in the Light from last year.

squints

stefen's right. i see a darkness is good. weird cause my roommate just bought the letting go on vinyl like two days ago

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

cinemanarchist

Quickly becoming one of my favorite albums so far this year.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

squints

^

i'll give it a shot but buck 65 kinda pisses me off.

Alexandro

buck 65 is awesome.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Walrus on May 29, 2009, 11:35:53 PM
This is all I have of Bonnie "Prince" Billy, and I've been totally consumed by it.  Can anyone suggest where to go now?  Any particular Will Oldham/Bonnie "Prince" Billy/Palace, etc. album(s) that are the next logical step(s)?

like others hav mentioned - get  'i see a darkness' - its essential, like being a floyd fan and owning 'the wall'

if you want a must have palace cd - get 'viva last blues'

cinemanarchist

Quote from: squints on June 01, 2009, 02:14:05 AM
^

i'll give it a shot but buck 65 kinda pisses me off.

I could see him pissing people off. The trucker affectation thing used to irk me but his rhymes have always been top notch and these are perhaps the best beats he's ever worked with. I would say this album provides the greatest chance for you to like Buck 65, but there's obviously no guarantee.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

hedwig