Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Neil

on wax, and great scarf
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

Various- Dark Was the Night
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

SiliasRuby

What the hell did I just download?...

...nevermind...awesomeness
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

tpfkabi

Quote from: New Feeling on September 17, 2009, 10:36:21 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rzyynmzziuo

:yabbse-smiley:

this is streaming on Colbert's site.
epic.
i predict the first 10 on pitchfork for a new album in a while (yes, reissues have gotten 10's).
if not 10, at least in the 9's.
or i'm insane.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Fuck the Blueprint.  This was a way better trilogy.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

New Feeling

Quote from: bigideas on September 17, 2009, 01:06:53 PM

this is streaming on Colbert's site.
epic.
i predict the first 10 on pitchfork for a new album in a while (yes, reissues have gotten 10's).
if not 10, at least in the 9's.
or i'm insane.

don't think it will be a 10 or even deserves it, but I'd be happy to see it score in the 9's and don't think it's out of the question.  Outside of just pitchfork I feel like this will be well recieved, will be a hit, and will continue the Lips slow climb towards most beloved band in the world.  It is a pretty fucking awesome record. 

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This new FL is amazing.  AWWTM was ok, and as blasphemous as it sounds, Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi have lost their appeal.  I've always been a bigger fan of Transmissions From Satellite Heart, In A Priest Driven Ambulance, etc.  This really feels like a rougher return to that form over the ultra clean, over polished sound as of late.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

I'm not feeling it really. No way in hell it'll score a 10 or even a 9. I'd say 7.something at best. I'd give it a 4. All the reverb on wayne's voice is just pissing me off and the songs sound lazy and half-assedly thrown together. Not impressed. Disappointed. I don't see what you all are getting off to?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on September 17, 2009, 10:31:57 PM
I don't see what you all are getting off to?

Well, stylistically it might seem like a step backward if you're not into their earlier work or aren't really familiar with it.  This is a nice venture into more analog effects and use of pedals as opposed to overly synth heavy work as of late. 

Plus, I have a special connection with finally hearing the studio versions of these songs they debuted at Pitchfork.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Walrus on September 17, 2009, 04:23:48 PM
Fuck the Blueprint.  This was a way better trilogy.

Weird... was listening to that exact same album today.

you're daft with the "Fuck the Blueprint" though... that's so incredibly off-base, even if BP3 isn't as strong as the first two... still strange that we were listening to the same album on the same day.

Scored Jay-Z tickets this weekend... pretty excited.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't find myself to be daft.  Blueprint 1 & 2 were the beginning of the end of my like for Jigga.  The Black Album was pretty great, but American Gangster and the Blueprint series have done little for me.

Though I'll take Reasonable Doubt over it all any day.

Stefen

Vol. 2 is awesome. That album marked the beginning of me listening to good rap. Before that I was all about No Limit Records. lulz.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: squints on September 17, 2009, 10:31:57 PM
I'm not feeling it really. No way in hell it'll score a 10 or even a 9. I'd say 7.something at best. I'd give it a 4. All the reverb on wayne's voice is just pissing me off and the songs sound lazy and half-assedly thrown together. Not impressed. Disappointed. I don't see what you all are getting off to?

it reminds me a lot of Can or even the last Portishead record, plus what Wayne said about Miles Davis.

these are all things they rate really highly on PF.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.