Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Neil

Bullshit.

Squints, who the hell is talking about wayne, and where is he on BP3, nowhere, jay z knows that fucking market over saturating bitch is on his way out. as far as BP3 goes, it's a god damn pro, doing what no other rapper can do, and don't put me on to that indie thug rap, and stop letting everyone glamorize tupac's lifestyle/mentality.  I don't like a few songs on it, i'd say it's not a 10, but the songs that jam, make up for it completely.  tracks, 1 3-8, 11, 12, 15, and maybe 'Reminder' i like everything but the hook, i think he's got dope ass lyrics on BP3 as well

BP3 is better than most of the shit that is coming out right now, plus as far as style walrus, think about the progression of hip hop, no one has sounded the way 90's hip hop has sounded since then, dig what i'm saying?  "niggas like how come, niggas want my old shit, buy my old album" sounds like he's aware of you.  How can you possibly say the beats are a step back, your favorite album is reasonable doubt by him, and no other album had that kind of production, in the sense that the production relied almost entirely on the MC skills.  Which i appreciate, and love, but i love BP1 and black album et al for the MC reason, as well as the sick, beats.

I completely respect jay z on a serious level, for making hanging out with capitalism after he ducked shots, if you will.  More of like an actual godfather, there are for sure more people with more "street cred" if that's what you dig, but "he isn't in the project hallway, braggin about he's in the project's all day, shit sounds stupid to me."

I like reasonable doubt, it's a classic, under appreciated record above ground, or at least used to be pre internet. BP 1 is ill, i don't give a shit what anyone says, some sick ass beats, and jigga man has always spit it sicker than most. remarkable flow which he took from poppa somewhat, and i mean you can't blame him, it's basically like anyone else who is friends with someone really talented and famous, except jigga actually had talent too.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

squints

Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2009, 01:40:32 PM
Squints, who the hell is talking about wayne, and where is he on BP3, nowhere, jay z knows that fucking market over saturating bitch is on his way out.

wayne as in wayne coyne of the flaming lips. not lil wayne. should've quoted the album cover or something. sorry for the confusion.

oh and the blueprint 3 blows. raekwon's new album is the best hip hop release as of late.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

New Feeling

Blueprint 3 is awesome and Cuban Linx 2 is good but getting way overrated.  Embryonic is better than both.  Anyone who would rate it a 4 out of 10 is nutso.   

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2009, 01:40:32 PM

BP3 is better than most of the shit that is coming out right now, plus as far as style walrus, think about the progression of hip hop, no one has sounded the way 90's hip hop has sounded since then, dig what i'm saying?  "niggas like how come, niggas want my old shit, buy my old album" sounds like he's aware of you.  How can you possibly say the beats are a step back, your favorite album is reasonable doubt by him, and no other album had that kind of production, in the sense that the production relied almost entirely on the MC skills.  Which i appreciate, and love, but i love BP1 and black album et al for the MC reason, as well as the sick, beats.

Jay-Z is not who he used to be, and who he is now is like a docile lion in a zoo.  He's fed and compared to lions in the wild, he's got everything he needs.  But he lacks the fierceness he used to have.  He still has the wit and wordplay, but now he just seems like he's projecting a persona that he simultaneously fights and proves to be a farce.

Blueprint 3 attacks Auto-Tune which is just as guilty of being mainstream garbage, which is how BP3 feels to me.  This new trilogy is a painful swan-song for a man who keeps quitting and returning, which also is reflected through each phase of the Blueprint and in addition, American Gangster.

Sorry, but especially when Cuban Links 2 is out, Jay-Z is going to need a much stronger retaliation.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

it turns out you don't even need the pictures!  the music is still great.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Neil

Quote from: Walrus on September 18, 2009, 03:28:11 PM
Jay-Z is not who he used to be, and who he is now is like a docile lion in a zoo.  He's fed and compared to lions in the wild, he's got everything he needs.  But he lacks the fierceness he used to have. 

Sorry, but especially when Cuban Links 2 is out, Jay-Z is going to need a much stronger retaliation.

Like i said, if you want dude's bragging about how thug they are, that's cool.  For someone who lived that life, and realized there 'ain't nothin' cool bout carryin' a strap, bout worrying your moms, or burying your best cat.' 

He has been there and done that, the whole struggle is something white people realize sells well, let's face that.  So, like i said, jay z is someone who has made it out of that, fuck the zoo, he owns the zoo you silly fool.  He is the fucking zoo.  Why should he pretend to be something he's not, which is poor and super gangster.

And, in case you didn't catch on, the movie American gangster gave him that poetic license to make an album like 'American Gangster' at that point in his career, every seems to be sharp with the crack dealing metaphor's and ringtones and what not, but it's just that jay is past that, he's made albums about that. that album is like him pretty much doing the whole thing everybody else was, with the back drop of frank lucas. and can someone put up a link to this album you're talking about? I haven't heard it, also, squints, yes I couldn't agree more that the raekwon is dizope
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Fernando

ill jump in the flips bandwagon too, thanks for that link. at first listen is amazing.

squints

Quote from: New Feeling on September 18, 2009, 02:23:54 PM
Blueprint 3 is awesome and Cuban Linx 2 is good but getting way overrated.  Embryonic is better than both.  Anyone who would rate it a 4 out of 10 is nutso.   

so at the point when mr. coyne starts naming animals and some girl buried in the mix starts imitating them...then at one point amongst all these animals he shouts "I could be a warrior Indian" followed by the stereotypical indian noise i was a little stunned. that song had promise too.I think the band is doing drugs again but not to good results. 4 out 10 indeed.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

RegularKarate

I don't want anything to do with either side of that Jay-z argument, but I think BP3 is definitely great and while he's lost his edge a tad, he's still being honest and keeping his P.O.V.

I almost made it all the way through the Flaming Lips album... so far, it's a roller-coaster ride of Snaps and Naps.

diggler

i enjoyed BP3 (2/3 of it anyway) and Cuban Links 2, but imo this album is better than both.

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2009, 04:18:32 PM
Jay-Z is not who he used to be, and who he is now is like a docile lion in a zoo.  He's fed and compared to lions in the wild, he's got everything he needs.  But he lacks the fierceness he used to have. 

Like i said, if you want dude's bragging about how thug they are, that's cool.  For someone who lived that life, and realized there 'ain't nothin' cool bout carryin' a strap, bout worrying your moms, or burying your best cat.' 

He has been there and done that, the whole struggle is something white people realize sells well, let's face that.  So, like i said, jay z is someone who has made it out of that, fuck the zoo, he owns the zoo you silly fool.  He is the fucking zoo.  Why should he pretend to be something he's not, which is poor and super gangster.

And, in case you didn't catch on, the movie American gangster gave him that poetic license to make an album like 'American Gangster' at that point in his career, every seems to be sharp with the crack dealing metaphor's and ringtones and what not, but it's just that jay is past that, he's made albums about that. that album is like him pretty much doing the whole thing everybody else was, with the back drop of frank lucas. and can someone put up a link to this album you're talking about? I haven't heard it, also, squints, yes I couldn't agree more that the raekwon is dizope

Ok, let me clarify.  I think I got over-pretentious in trying to defend my appreciation for Jigga:

Jay-Z basically sucks.  He is nothing more than a guilty pleasure to me.  There are dozens of handfuls of numerous better hip-hop artists that put him to shame.  Production-wise, the beats he has, specifically "Snoopy Track" are really enjoyable to me because of how they make my ears feel in my headphones.

The Blueprint saga doesn't make my ears feel as good as his earlier work, which also happens to be his youthful, grittier side.  I'm not particular to gangsters, I just like when he has music that I like under his subpar lyrical work.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Walrus on September 19, 2009, 12:50:27 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2009, 04:18:32 PM

Ok, let me clarify.  I think I got over-pretentious in trying to defend my appreciation for Jigga:

Jay-Z basically sucks.  He is nothing more than a guilty pleasure to me.  There are dozens of handfuls of numerous better hip-hop artists that put him to shame.  Production-wise, the beats he has, specifically "Snoopy Track" are really enjoyable to me because of how they make my ears feel in my headphones.

The Blueprint saga doesn't make my ears feel as good as his earlier work, which also happens to be his youthful, grittier side.  I'm not particular to gangsters, I just like when he has music that I like under his subpar lyrical work.
Try saying that to his face....ooooh yeah!...joking of course.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Quote from: ddiggler on September 18, 2009, 11:45:03 PM
i enjoyed BP3 (2/3 of it anyway) and Cuban Links 2, but imo this album is better than both.

Yup. Definitely agreed. I've been listening to it all summer. I'm surprised it isn't getting more play. It's the best rap album of the year. Pitchfork even gave it an 8.5 or something.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

Quote from: ddiggler on September 18, 2009, 11:45:03 PM

I wish i knew what this was but there's no pic popping up for me.

Stefen

It's DJ Quik and Kurupt's album - BlaQKout. One of the best and most underrated producers (DJ Quik) with one of the best and most underrated emcees (Kurupt)

and here's a link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzzlqzcz2ej
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.