Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

Lust for Life may be my favourite song of the year, but the rest is only okay.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

hedwig, is that notwist soundtrack hosted anywhere?

i'm a big fan... used one of their tracks (propeller 9) for a short i did. we wrote the whole thing to match the song, digitally synced the lights with it and everything. it's posted here in lo-res
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Neil

so, i actually sold this back to vintage vinyl, I could not get into it.  But saved it to my external before, and today, it just hit me in the right way. Quite an interesting take on pop music.  At least it sounds like pop to me, but regardless it's very good.  Some really great chord changes, and really great incorporation of electronic instrumentation.  Ole' Jarvis really puts himself out there, eh?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

Tegan & Sara - Sainthood
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

Girls - Album

this is great shit. Dude sounds like elvis costello, roy orbison, buddy holly. "Lust for Life" is the catchiest damn song. and the lead singer's backstory is crazy:

Quote from: pitchforkGirls frontman Christopher Owens grew up in the Children of God cult. His older brother died as a baby because the cult didn't believe in medical attention. His dad left. He and his mother lived around the world, and the cult sometimes forced his mother to prostitute herself. As a teenager, Owens fled and lived as a Texas gutter-punk for a while. Then a local millionaire took Owens under his wing, and Owens moved to San Francisco. There, he and Chet "JR" White formed Girls, and recorded Album, their debut album, under the influence of just about every kind of pill they could find.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SiliasRuby

Now I HAVE to listen to this album...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Album of the year (so far) for me.  I probably put too much stock into opening tracks for bands (even when they decide to open with some skit or intro) but the first track on this album is dynamite. Dy-no-mite.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

I don't usually care about remixes, but I like this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

Quote from: Walrus on October 21, 2009, 04:22:44 PM
Japandroids

guess i'll have to listen to this again cause when it came about a few months ago I was NOT feeling it.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

At least give that first song another shot.  Man, it's pretty powerful.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

john

Quote from: squints on October 20, 2009, 01:03:54 AM
[img]http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww185/worldisbar/new/album-art-girls-album-1024x1024.jpg[/img

I was already kind of irritated by their back story, but decided to relent and download thi about an hour ago...

It's so... fucking... boring. Just soft and tedious and completely uninteresting.

But I did start listening to No Age, finally, and some of their stuff is pretty great.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

modage

sit boy - the sound room

96kbps. Can someone give me a heads up when this appears in decent-sounding quality?

edit: added a fucking title.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks