NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: polkablues
Quote from: NEON MERCURYwhen i use the term gay  don't mean homo

i mean LAME..........................

Well... that's the point, dude.

It's like if people started using "Latino" or "female" or "Republican" as synonyms for "lame".  It's not that you're bashing gay people when you say it, it's that you're distorting the entire language to bash gay people when you say it.

hmm, i'll play devils advocate w/you  :yabbse-grin:

latino isn't a good example in this case b/c there is nothign that is slang for the term latino...its diffeent when its a culture.  for example:

"dude, i think most of cameron crowes movies are gay."

"dude, i think most of cameron crowes movies are latino."

it doesnt liek that in all cases.  gay is just one of those special words that
has more than one meaning.  its just understood,...

like the term ghetto.  like, um, if i saw that you bought a pair of jordache shoesa from wal-mart i woudl say.  "damn, polka, those shoes are ghetto"  

thats anothe rexample of a qword that can be used and shouldnt be offensive.  i dotn mean it to be offensive  and peopel shouldnt tak eoffense to it.

ghetto means cheap

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

I was the one who challeneged you. I wasn't getting bent out of shape. Nobody was. By the way, polka's right. Also:

Quote from: NEON MERCURYwhen i was younger i use to be all about liberal, peace, love and all about political correctness. now as i get older who gives a shit if i use gay as a negative demeaner? there is more important things in life to worry about than trivial stuff like this.

Why was it relevant to state that you were once "about" peace and love? Were you implying that your transformation from liberalism/"political correctness" (which itself is a questionable term) to what you percieve to be conservatism/"political-incorrectness" involved your rejection of the princples of peace/love?

EDIT: I deleted some things I'd written that I realized weren't necessary and would only draw attention away from the question above, which I was asking sincerely.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURYnow as i get older who gives a shit if i use gay as a negative demeaner? there is more important things in life to worry about than trivial stuff like this.
It's a simple matter of respect. You're gonna have to learn to deal with it.

GodDamnImDaMan

You flamin homo's. Shut the hell up and talk about video games!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Tictacbk

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYnow as i get older who gives a shit if i use gay as a negative demeaner? there is more important things in life to worry about than trivial stuff like this.
that's funny u should say that, it's really the opposite which should be true. when ur young u can get away with not understanding why it's 'gay' to say 'gay'. as i got older i stopped even writing ghey. granted sumtimes it's called for, especially in conversation when something happens that is just FLAMING. but even then it's a matter of timing.

i know that ur cool, that's a given, this one trait of urs is the only thing that really makes u look dumber than u need to. maybe not dumber, but like DULLER.
under the paving stones.

squints

has anyone played the new matrix game Path of Neo? the first part of the game is bullshit but there are some fights that are so much fun...the control you have over the camera in bullit time is awesome...at the end of the third movie after the final agent smith fight these two digitized figures come on the screen and the voices of the wachowski's explain why they changed the end "that whole jesus thing doesn't fly in video games" and then you proceed to fight a giant agent smith that is really lame..but this game has some great points and should be played...the best movie to videogame i've ever played (cause most of them suck suck suck)
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Raikus

Our guild (Cynical on Firetree) downed Ragnaros Saturday night. It was about our 6th attempt. For those not familiar with WoW he's one of the top bosses on the server (2nd or 3rd hardest on there).

This game certainly gets even better at your end game.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

My guild on Sargeras regularly does Onyxia and MC runs. My rogue is 53 now, and it will be nice (soon) to join in. (Plus their loot system is extremely fair.) Next up, mage and dwarf holy priest.

Sargeras is now "full" during peak hours. Isn't Firetree a low population server? I don't know how you can find groups on a low population server. And the BG queue must be hours-long.

Raikus

Actually it's pretty great. There are always 10 groups forming at one time (according to an add on I have) for a variety of instances. BG times are instant for Ally side. Our guild is very heavy PVP and we que up and get in within 20 seconds nearly all the time. I hear the horde have to wait about 20 mintues for their ques.

The only bad thing is our server goes down ALL THE TIME. Right now, for instance, it's being reset. Monday nights you usually can't log in, crap like that. But all in all it's great once you get in.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Raikus on November 23, 2005, 03:35:05 PM
Actually it's pretty great. There are always 10 groups forming at one time (according to an add on I have) for a variety of instances. BG times are instant for Ally side. Our guild is very heavy PVP and we que up and get in within 20 seconds nearly all the time. I hear the horde have to wait about 20 mintues for their ques.

The only bad thing is our server goes down ALL THE TIME. Right now, for instance, it's being reset. Monday nights you usually can't log in, crap like that. But all in all it's great once you get in.

That's surprising. I did a bit of BG when my rogue was 49, and the AB queue was about 10-30 min. Can't even get into WSG. I tried AV at 53 (just curious) and couldn't get an invite. Plus, Alliance is horribly unorganized on our server compared to the Horde. We lose AB and AV about 70-80% of the time.

Anyway, since my rogue is quietly approaching 60, can you tell me what the best use of a 60 rogue is? When my guild does Onyxia and MC apparently only the main tank (the guild master) is allowed to melee bosses. Everyone else, including rogues, are ranged. This is a bit disappointing, since instances are my favorite part of the game. BGs are good, world PvP is fun, but there's nothing like a great instance. Are there any high-level instances in which rogues excel or are needed? (Plus I can really get a good group together. I'm the master of the /who search.) And can you recommend any instances with good BOE drops?

Also, I just figured out how to AOE grind with my mage. It's pretty amazing. At 27 I took on a group of six level 21-23 murlocs in Wetlands.

Raikus

Rogues are very usefull in Strat (Live side), Scholo, BRD, UBRS and LBRS. The main reason is crowd control with these instances. If you have Improved Sap you can take a mob out of the fight for nearly a minute. Outside of that, a rogue is still the primary DPS dealer in the raid. In MC you're pretty useless until Ragnaros. At Rag you want as many DPS dealers decked out in Fire Resistance gear as possible. All DPS stands around him and just goes all out and tries to down him before the second wave of his "Sons" come. But really, you just stand there until DPS is called for with most MC bosses and Onyxia fights.

As far as the instances you will want to run now to get your end game gear, it's mostly Strat and Scholo. Stuff like Cadaverous Armor and Shadowcraft pieces drop in those instances and you'll need to be decked out to get into MC/BWL/Onyxia.

Jeremy Blackman

Since mages have been out-DPSing my rogue lately I've kind of realized that the rogue's greatest strengths are stealth and stuns. That combined with advice from 60s has pretty much convinced me to swtich from Assassination to Subtlety. This is the build I'll probably switch to at 60. What do you think?

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 23, 2005, 01:41:51 PMSargeras is now "full" during peak hours.