Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

picolas

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

context, context, context.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

polkablues

I'm getting the PS3 specifically for "Killzone 2".  Anyone who ever tries to tell me "Halo" is a better game than "Killzone" gets a swift kick in the balls.

On a side note: WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO NINTENDO?  WHY DO THEY SUCK SO BAD NOW?

You know what else looks good on the PS3 is the new "Getaway" game.
My house, my rules, my coffee

SHAFTR

Quote from: polkabluesI'm getting the PS3 specifically for "Killzone 2".  Anyone who ever tries to tell me "Halo" is a better game than "Killzone" gets a swift kick in the balls.

I'll go one better.  halo 2 is the best console shooter ever released.  Isn't Killzone the game where a trailer was released that had incredibe graphics...only to be learned later on that the "gameplay" footage wasn't gameplay at all, just prerendered footage.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Reinhold

unless i'm doing online multiplayer, i think that halo 1 wipes the floor with halo 2
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Brazoliange

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerunless i'm doing online multiplayer, i think that halo 1 wipes the floor with halo 2

agreed. weapon balance + maps = win.
Long live the New Flesh

polkablues

Quote from: SHAFTRI'll go one better.  halo 2 is the best console shooter ever released.

yabbse:swiftkickinballs

...and that statement will no longer even be arguably true once "Half-Life 2" comes out on Xbox.

Quote from: SHAFTRIsn't Killzone the game where a trailer was released that had incredibe graphics...only to be learned later on that the "gameplay" footage wasn't gameplay at all, just prerendered footage.

Yes.  The company lied.  The game will still own.

RegularKarate

Quote from: polkabluesOn a side note: WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO NINTENDO?  WHY DO THEY SUCK SO BAD NOW?

Why do you assume this next system will suck.  All that they've been saying about it is that it will be completely different than any of the other systems.  The new controller looks strange, but how much do we know about how it's used?

context, context, context.

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarateWhy do you assume this next system will suck.  All that they've been saying about it is that it will be completely different than any of the other systems.  The new controller looks strange, but how much do we know about how it's used?

It's not so much the system I'm worried about, it's the games.  I remember when Nintendo was the system of "Donkey Kong Country" and "Super Mario 64", and "Goldeneye"... these were the best games out there at the time they were around.  But now, in the era of the Gamecube and the DS, I haven't heard about a single Nintendo game that makes me the slightest bit inclined to buy one of their systems.  And from some of the quotes I've been reading about the new system, it sounds like they have no intention of competing technologically with Microsoft or Sony; so if the system itself is subpar, and all the games are subpar, why on earth would anyone stick with Nintendo?

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.  But I don't give them benefit of the doubt anymore.