NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI've always liked Nintendo... and I'll keep an open mind on the new controller...

But I'm pretty much done with consoles. Too expsensive and no time to play anything but World of Warcraft. But I would like to fix my Dreamcast or get a used one... I should do that... mostly because I want to feel like an outcast again...

I know people who bought xbox systems just so they could have Halo parties. It only lasted two or three months.

i'm a pretty big xbox & halo guy.  It was Splinter Cell that got me to buy the system originally.  As for expense, if you play WoW a lot, I completely understand not having a console.  I still think that console gaming is a lot cheaper than PC gaming.  XBox came out Nov 2001, I am still playing it now.  That is 4 years of gaming, playing the best there is for console graphics.  If I had a PC, I'd have a year to 2 of playing the top games, after that I would have to either put hundreds of dollars into another video card along with RAM & Memory, or just buy another computer.  With online gaming, consoles now can serve the same purpose as PCs once did while having the "party" aspect when you can have a bunch of frineds over and play against each other.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Reinhold

this guy i know just sold his WoW character for $1500 on eBay.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

Frontier Developments Ltd. ('Frontier'), the leading independent games developer, today announced its first new game for fifth generation consoles – "The Outsider".

Frontier has been focusing on new game-play elements that are now possible on the imminent console platforms, and emphasise that gorgeous graphics are merely the starting point; they do not make a true 'next generation' game. Several key proprietary technologies, which Frontier has been developing for some time, make their debut in "The Outsider" and bring the sort of freedom of action first seen in "Elite" bang up to date.

The game radically enriches the player's experience by abandoning the traditional, prescriptive, mostly linear story of current generation games, and replaces it by simulating characters' motivations and aims. This gives the player genuine freedom to change the story outcomes in a way that has not been seen before - each player will get a truly unique, sophisticated, visceral experience rather than simply switching between 'good' or 'evil'. The techniques used are enabled by the greatly increased processing power available to the imminent new consoles including the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

"The Outsider" is a gripping, high-tech thriller played out against the backdrop of a living, crowded city based on present-day Washington DC and its environs including the CIA HQ at Langley, Andrews Air Force Base and Newport News Naval Dockyard. As a CIA operative the player has a mouth-watering arsenal of technology, combat talents and weaponry available to him. A shocking opening scenario wrongly makes him Public Enemy Number One in the eyes of the media and the public at large, but leaves many different ways to proceed: to wreak ultra-violent revenge, to turn the tables and exploit the shady organisations he is mixed up with for his own ends or crusading to clear his name.

"The new games consoles like Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 offer a massive opportunity in the future of gaming. One of the comparisons I like to make is with the film industry – we're at the stage that the film industry was at in 1930, where people had started to tire of effects driven 'car-on-a-train-track' films and wanted something more, just as technology and budgets greatly increased to bring in the golden age of Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Wells and many others. A golden age of games is now just around the corner, and I believe 'The Outsider' is one of the first of these." said David Braben, Chairman and Founder of Frontier.

--------------------------------------------

Either this is all hype that'll prove impossible to live up to, or this will be one of greatest games of all time.  Mostly I like the bald guy in the picture.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Brazoliange

sounds kinda like Time Crisis: Project Titan

or Mission Impossible on N64

:saywhat:
Long live the New Flesh

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

I'm assuming all the vidya game nerds here at the xixax catch G4Tech tv every now and then....is it just me? or does every girl on that channel come off like they're absolutely forced to talk about video games? i honestly don't think i've ever come across a girl who is as passionate about gaming as damn near every dude i've met (whether their poison be NCAA or WoW)
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

deathnotronic

Brazoliange

BG and PvP Honor really fucked up PvP. I remember the days where Crossroads and Astranaar were getting raided every 2-3 hours, hard. You'd be running through Ashenvale or STM and have to worry about getting ganked. There's no motivation now that people can just farm BG to openly raid :-/

suxxxxx
Long live the New Flesh

Raikus

I really dislike Battlegrounds. It's a shame that the best stuff is only obtained by doing them endlessly for rep. I still rack in honor points, but it's through map PVP. I tried to play AB to see if I liked it and both times I tried I waited for over 2 hours in que.

That's just not worth it.

As for the patch, it's great that every other class receives a buff or an overhaul and they continue to nerf the rogues. I'm one of the rare ones that specced Assassination and have Blade Furry. Now that they nerfed that talent without informing anyone I may respec.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

deathnotronic

See, once you guys hit 60 (have you yet?) I think your opinions will change on AB. It's really fast paced and there's a new game every 3 or 4 minutes. As a paladin, I play a crucial role Alliance-wise. That and the rewards are the-fucking-shit. ZG is also very, very, very fun. Best instance blizzard has put together IMHO.

Brazoliange

46 has been my highest, but I've been playing (with a month-long break) since release (Thanksgiving)
Long live the New Flesh

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusAs for the patch, it's great that every other class receives a buff or an overhaul and they continue to nerf the rogues. I'm one of the rare ones that specced Assassination and have Blade Furry. Now that they nerfed that talent without informing anyone I may respec.
I'm not really complaining. I'm basically going for a stunlock/backstab build, which is insanely fun (and powerful). Plus I just couldn't see myself playing a combat rogue... I think it's boring.

Jeremy Blackman

Continued from a different thread...
Quote from: socketleveli say we all start together on a new (low population) server with all new chars and create a xixax inspired guild.  with only xixax people in it.

any takers?

-sl-
I'm in. But we should plan this before anyone starts anything. I'm assuming we'd want PvP, so... Alliance or Horde?

I'd be happy to start the guild, by the way. I can mine and herb harvest to get the 10g for the tabard.