NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI put together a little guide (mostly so I wouldn't forget my mistakes) for getting to 40:

1-5
quest home area
6-11
quest Dun Morogh and/or Elwynn Forest
12-14
quest Westfall
15-16
Harvest Watchers in Westfall (Alexston Farmstead)
17-18
Redridge Poachers in Redridge
19-21
Deadmines
quest Redridge
22-29
Stockade
quest Wetlands
Raptors in Wetlands (Excavation Site)
30-33
Yetis in Hillsbrad cave (Darrow Hill)
Gnomeregan
34-35
Yetis in Alterac
Syndicate & Mountain Lions in Alterac
36-39
Crushridge Ogres in Alterac
Scarlet Monastery
40+
Shut Down Computer
Go Outside
Meet Some Real People
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pubrick40+
Shut Down Computer
Go Outside
Meet Some Real People
:whip:

Yeah, pretty much. I'll be playing much less now that I've [impatiently] reached 40. But really, World of Warcraft is an extremely social thing... Maybe it's better not to get too sucked into that.

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerwhat's grinding?
Killing the same things over and over again. Also known as tedium. (But it's often the fastest and most reliable way to level.) The most fun I've had is in instances, where you're grouped with four other players. Insanely fun sometimes.

Gamblour.

My roommate brought up his SNES and I have blisters from playing Mario Kart and NBA Jam and Ken Griffey Presents Major League Baseball.
WWPTAD?

Raikus

I'm currently a 54 Dwarf Rogue, 300 Tribal LW and Skinning with a 16 Druid Alch/Herb alt and a 15 Gnome Mage Enchanter/Disenchanter.

My level 15 has 85g, my level 16 has 65g and my main has over 200g. I've found the system to make the cash in WoW.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

deathnotronic

I have a 60 paladin, 60 warlock, 40 druid, 20 mage.

Paladin is my main and I have 3 pieces of the epic set, lawbringer. I am however, poor as shit because running Molten Core and Onyxia kills your funding.

300enchanting/300mining on paladin, 150 engineering/mining on warlock, 200 alchemy on druid

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusMy level 15 has 85g, my level 16 has 65g and my main has over 200g. I've found the system to make the cash in WoW.
I had before the mount plus 25g that someone owes me. I have an auction character parked in Ironforge who receives mail from my other characters.

My rogue is a 221 miner and a 206 herbalist. My mage is engineering/skinning and my priest is engineering/tailoring.

Quote from: RaikusI've found the system to make the cash in WoW.
Can you share your wisdom please?

Pas

Raikus

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: RaikusI've found the system to make the cash in WoW.
Can you share your wisdom please?
It's so simple it's almost magic. Work on getting your main character into the high 40's and 50's. I'm very happy I rolled a Dwarf Rogue as my main because I think he's perfect for the first part.

Treasure runs. Swamp of Sorrows, The Hinterlands, Andorhal (in EPL) and Azshara. With a Dwarf's racial trait of treasure finding, chests will show up on the map (much like herbs do to herbalists). With the rogue you can stealth through these areas and pick them up. Sap the guard, steal the chest, vanish. If there are 2 guards, sap one, blind the other, open chest, etc. Per treasure run on map I get 2-3 green items, and about 2-4g in vendor/AH trash. Every forth or fifth map I'll get a blue that will net 15g-60g. It also helps if your main has a profession such as blacksmithing, leatherworking or tailoring.

Now make an alt and learn Enchanting. You can disenchant items starting at level 1. Keep this person in Ironforge/Orgrimmar. Everything your main makes or finds and can't sell at the AH you send to this alt. As long as it's green or blue, send it. This alt will disenchant it, place the items in the bank, and when they have a stack place it on the AH.

Finally, make an optional herbalism/alchemy alt. I chose a druid because there's one low level herb that's easily accessible that no one farms and is worth a lot -- Stranglekelp. Level this druid to 16 and gain aquatic form. Swim this alt up and down the coast of Darkshore or Westfall and get stacks of this (don't know about horde maps). Send it to your AH alt and have them place it up for bid.

I'm easily making 100g a week with this method and that's while questing and leveling my main 90% of the time.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusNow make an alt and learn Enchanting. You can disenchant items starting at level 1. Keep this person in Ironforge/Orgrimmar. Everything your main makes or finds and can't sell at the AH you send to this alt.
I've actually done exactly that. Though I haven't really had much worth disenchanting yet.

I will definitely try your treasure run idea. (I knew there was a reason I chose a dwarf, besides the overabundance of night elf rogues.) What do you think about pickpocket runs?

Quote from: RaikusFinally, make an optional herbalism/alchemy alt. I chose a druid because there's one low level herb that's easily accessible that no one farms and is worth a lot -- Stranglekelp. Level this druid to 16 and gain aquatic form. Swim this alt up and down the coast of Darkshore or Westfall and get stacks of this (don't know about horde maps). Send it to your AH alt and have them place it up for bid.
I just might try that... :yabbse-grin: ...

SHAFTR

There was an interesting article in the NYTimes yesterday (9/6) about World of Warcraft.  It talks about how huge it has gotten (4 mil) and if the result is a good or bad thing for the video game industry.

The concern is that if that many people are paying $15 a month to play WoW, will they buy other games?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: SHAFTRThe concern is that if that many people are paying $15 a month to play WoW, will they buy other games?
Not me.

Raikus

Me either. It just takes up too much time. It's extremely addictive, but fun as well. Point is, you try to do everything else you need to and get a little playing time in as well, and there really isn't time for anything else.

deathnotronic

I'm killing onyxia as I type this.

I = 39 other people and myself.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee