NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

squints

Quote from: SHAFTR on January 26, 2006, 11:42:42 PM
Quote from: Brazoliange on January 26, 2006, 10:30:25 PM
Quote from: squints on January 26, 2006, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob on January 21, 2006, 11:45:35 AM

If you haven't played this, I suggest you borrow a friend's Gamecube and do so.  Gameplay is great, graphics are all right, but if you're into survival horror (and even if not) this game is worth a look.

If you haven't heard about it, the main feature that makes the game awesome is the "sanity meter."  Whenever you see zombies, kill innocent people, or otherwise see or do something that doesn't really make sense in reality, your sanity goes down. Getting these things out of your mind (such as vanquishing a zombie so that it burns up) will help you regain sanity with a sort of "out of sight, out of mind" kind of touch.  The lower your sanity, the more crazy things happen around your character.  I heard there were at least 100 different sort of drastic changes that occur when you're insane, not to mention all the little things like tilted rooms, things being out of place, etc.  For example, one time a character walked into a room and her head fell off of her shoulders, and the head kept crying until I picked it up as an item and it said "Press B to reattach head." 

This game is great for playing late at night.

a sequel to this will be the best survival horror game ever (next to Resident Evil 4)

have you played Silent Hill 2?  :saywhat:

Or Condemned?

never heard of it, for PC?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

socketlevel

Quote from: squints on January 27, 2006, 12:45:31 AM
Quote from: SHAFTR on January 26, 2006, 11:42:42 PM
Quote from: Brazoliange on January 26, 2006, 10:30:25 PM
Quote from: squints on January 26, 2006, 04:05:53 PM
Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob on January 21, 2006, 11:45:35 AM

If you haven't played this, I suggest you borrow a friend's Gamecube and do so.  Gameplay is great, graphics are all right, but if you're into survival horror (and even if not) this game is worth a look.

If you haven't heard about it, the main feature that makes the game awesome is the "sanity meter."  Whenever you see zombies, kill innocent people, or otherwise see or do something that doesn't really make sense in reality, your sanity goes down. Getting these things out of your mind (such as vanquishing a zombie so that it burns up) will help you regain sanity with a sort of "out of sight, out of mind" kind of touch.  The lower your sanity, the more crazy things happen around your character.  I heard there were at least 100 different sort of drastic changes that occur when you're insane, not to mention all the little things like tilted rooms, things being out of place, etc.  For example, one time a character walked into a room and her head fell off of her shoulders, and the head kept crying until I picked it up as an item and it said "Press B to reattach head." 

This game is great for playing late at night.

a sequel to this will be the best survival horror game ever (next to Resident Evil 4)

have you played Silent Hill 2?  :saywhat:

Or Condemned?

never heard of it, for PC?

xbox 360
the one last hit that spent you...

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

deathnotronic

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I am partial to Silent Hill over Silent Hill 2, personally... but I've been on a survival horror kick lately, so I may replay Silent Hill 2 to see if I just wasn't playing it right (I remember playing most of it during the day, whereas survival horror turns into a completely different game alone at night).
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

I got Specter's Blade last night and put Lifestealing on it. I will not get a better dagger for a long time. I don't really have time for MC, and my guild has a lot of rogues and a waiting list for it, so the best FR and best rank goes first, neither of which I have. I figure it's a waste of time pre-expansion anyway, cause all our level 60 gear will be useless in a few months.

deathnotronic

We just got world first for Horde (only to an Alliance guild on our server, who exploited) for the Twin Emperors in Ahn'Quiraj.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Raikus

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 31, 2006, 10:47:17 PM
AQ looks insane. How's your Perdition's Blade now, Raikus?
Still fine. I'll be upgrading to Sting shortly. Been saving up all my DKP for when we start AQ. The Deathdealer armor set is just outrageous too.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: squints on February 01, 2006, 02:21:34 AM
Quote from: GodDamnImDaMan on January 30, 2006, 12:26:07 AM
It's on the gamecube you fuckos. :doh:

not talking about the same game...

fucko

::slaps squints in the face with a used condom::

I challenge you to a duel!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

SHAFTR

I just played through Call of Duty 2 on Veteran.  That was a challenge.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

polkablues

Quote from: SHAFTR on February 11, 2006, 11:38:01 PM

You truly are the greatest generation.

:salute:
My house, my rules, my coffee

SHAFTR

Quote from: polkablues on February 12, 2006, 12:03:49 AM
Quote from: SHAFTR on February 11, 2006, 11:38:01 PM

You truly are the greatest generation.

:salute:

The ironic thing is my father was in WW2 (Iwo Jima), and one time I was visiting home and I was playing CoD2 and I wondered what he must thing of the whole thing.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

socketlevel

the one last hit that spent you...