Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

So, even Brian Eno couldn't save Coldplay? Hmmm

cinemanarchist

Eno helped them have 3 tracks that clock in at over 6 minutes...
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Pozer

Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 05, 2008, 01:52:08 PM
Quote from: modage on June 05, 2008, 01:48:08 PM

And you were giving me crap about listening to Weezer?

you know how i know youre both gay...

cinemanarchist

Quote from: pozer on June 06, 2008, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 05, 2008, 01:52:08 PM
Quote from: modage on June 05, 2008, 01:48:08 PM

And you were giving me crap about listening to Weezer?

you know how i know youre both gay...

-I like Coldplay
-I like Frasier
-I like Top Chef
-I like The Golden Girls
-I like You've Got Mail

I can continue if you like but I think that's enough for now. I had someone say the same thing to me about Coldplay and I started to think that someone could write a monolgue about me on this very topic and then I realized that even that idea was gay...And yes, I saw Sex & The City on opening weekend...and fuck if it wasn't better than Indy. Jesus Christ I guess I was born this way. I better start overcompensating soon...You are going to see way more Limp Bizkit, Creed & Puddle of Mudd in this thread...prepare yourselves.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 06, 2008, 01:41:51 PM-I like Top Chef

Anyone but that bitch Lisa better win. My money's on Blaze.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cinemanarchist

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 06, 2008, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 06, 2008, 01:41:51 PM-I like Top Chef

Anyone but that bitch Lisa better win. My money's on Blaze.

I'm terrified that Lisa is going to pull one great meal out of her ass and walk away with it but if that doesn't happen I think it's going to be Stephanie because they probably feel it's time for a woman to win.

Just to make this post not totally off-topic...

Pwaybloe

M83 - Saturdays=Youth

His best album and my favorite album of this year, by far.  Absolutely amazing. 

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Pwaybloe on June 06, 2008, 03:09:11 PM

M83 - Saturdays=Youth

I second all of that.

JG

deerhunter - microcastle

this is really great!

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: cinemanarchist on June 06, 2008, 03:42:46 PM
Quote from: Pwaybloe on June 06, 2008, 03:09:11 PM

M83 - Saturdays=Youth

I second all of that.

Me three. It's really good. Picks up from where My Bloody Valentine left off with Loveless.

hedwig

john

New Aimee Mann.

Pretty disappointing, save for a handful of tracks.

Good for sleep, I suppose.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

I'm not one to post an album of something Pitchfork just gave a good review to like some other jerks on this site, but this is REALLY good. It's kind of all over the place, but in a good way. It never wears out it's welcome. As soon as you get tired of a song, it ends and the next one starts that is so different than any you had heard before on the album. I like albums that keep you guessing without getting annoying and this definitely fits in that categorization. My favorite track is probably Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. It's just very serene and easy to follow. So many times I have problems following lyrics, but not here. It's an album that won't sound dated, either.

Highly recommended.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

modage

Quote from: Stefen on June 08, 2008, 12:46:06 AM
Highly recommended.
i love Your Protector but otherwise i'm still waiting for this album to grow on me.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.