Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

nomorecoffee

I am literally playing it on repeat. Please make me dream once more Mr. Anderson

pynchonikon

Life on Mars is stuck in my head since the first time I ever listened to it, I became obsessed with it again since I learned it was used for this trailer, and yes, the trailer does perfect justice to it, it's just that beauty of a trailer, man.

Alethia

It's a track I'd listen to fairly frequently anyhow, but that frequency has certainly gone up a tick or two since the trailer, for sure.

d

Wow. That would be kind of cool I guess. Can you think of any similar case in films? And come to think of it, it is not that unlikely. In a strange way, I would be surprised if that is not the case here. Even if it is just a character based on Minnie. Don't know anything about Rydolph's relationship with her mother but I imagine it would have to be her call. Apart from the looks, which may be due to the fact that... well she is her daughter, is there any indication in the trailer to support the theory?

Tdog

If Sean Penn is playing
Spoiler: ShowHide
an older man dating Alaina's character
do you think that's the part that PTA offered Leonardo DiCaprio since that's what he's known for in his personal life?

polkablues

Quote from: d on September 21, 2021, 01:11:21 PM
Can you think of any similar case in films?

Off the top of my head I can think of Ice Cube's kid playing him in Straight Outta Compton and Melissa Rivers playing Joan Rivers in Joy.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drill

Quote from: Tdog on September 21, 2021, 01:28:31 PM
If Sean Penn is playing
do you think that's the part that PTA offered Leonardo DiCaprio since that's what he's known for in his personal life?

Well, Penn's wife is the about the same age as Alana. I still doubt that DiCaprio was ever offered anything though.

d

And he turned it down for exactly the same reasons? :ponder: Or it was because it may be too similar to his role in Once Upon...

But it is also likely that he was offered Bradley Cooper's role though, isn't it?

Drill

Minnie was only 31 when she passed away, so I don't think so. I don't think Maya would feel comfortable or interested in doing that anyways.

Tdog

Quote from: Drill on September 21, 2021, 02:03:27 PM
If Sean Penn is playing

Well, Penn's wife is the about the same age as Alana. I still doubt that DiCaprio was ever offered anything though.

I just looked it up. His daughter is a year older than his wife who happens to be Vincent D'Onofrio's daughter...........

jviness02

I'm confident Leo was offered Cooper's role

wilberfan

She wouldn't necessarily have to be playing her mother--but she could play a character that was an homage to her.  Dress the way she would have dressed back in '73, '74, etc. 

wilberfan

At first I thought you meant Hoffman--but that would be a stretch, even for Leo!

Alethia

Vicko99

If Sean Penn is playing

The casting for this is certainly meta, so yeah it's a strong possibility DiCaprio got offered that kind of role.