Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Alethia

Quote from: Alma on September 20, 2021, 10:08:08 AM
I think I'm gonna wait til it comes out properly. I dunno why, I  loaded it up but just couldn't bring myself to press play on it.

It's worth waiting for.

d

I will wait but hope the leak will make them release it properly soon(er).

Drenk

Spoiler: ShowHide
I love the shot of Cooper in a suit looking through the glass.
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

(Trailer spoilers)

Watched it twice. God this looks gorgeous. The silhouettes, the rich colors...

PDL & BN comparisons definitely seem warranted. It seems like its own thing though. Probably significantly less weird than PDL.

Hoffman seems to be delivering a solid comedic performance. Strangely I'm still not sold on Alana though. The scene where she says "do you think it's weird that I hang out with Gary and his 15 year old friends" is a bit shaky.

©brad

I might wait to watch as well. Who is the DP? Paul and his AD again? Sorry I'm sure this was covered pages ago.

Drenk

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 20, 2021, 10:29:11 AM
(Trailer spoilers)

Strangely I'm still not sold on Alana though. The scene where she says "do you think it's weird that I hang out with Gary and his 15 year old friends" is a bit shaky.

I think she's supposed to be high in that scene, at least that's how I registered her tone.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Quote from: ©brad on September 20, 2021, 10:40:48 AM
I might wait to watch as well. Who is the DP? Paul and his AD again? Sorry I'm sure this was covered pages ago.

Good call, Brad. It will be worth the wait.

Alethia

"I'm not gonna forget you...just like you're not gonna forget me."

The silhouetted close-up of their hands clasping on the backlit waterbed  :yabbse-smiley:

pynchonikon

Who on earth said that Alana is sleeping with Sean Penn's character?  :laughing: Is that really what he understood from this trailer?

PaulElroy35

I cant watch the trailer the first time from a leaked phone video.

Fingers crossed it drops for real soon!

Alethia

Quote from: Mattbish19 on September 20, 2021, 11:09:33 AM
I cant watch the trailer the first time from a leaked phone video.

Fingers crossed it drops for real soon!

Your resolve will be rewarded, trust me.

wrongright

Looks like Almost Famous 2. But who knows what it's really going to be like.

Cooper and Alana's acting looks better than Bradley Cooper and Sean Penn's, tbh. 

Drill

Doesn't that sound exactly like Paul's laugh? Did he leak this himself?  :shock:

RudyBlatnoyd

The interactions between the teen and young adult characters look VERY Richard Linklater.

wilberfan

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 20, 2021, 11:02:54 AM
Who on earth said that Alana is sleeping with Sean Penn's character?  :laughing: Is that really what he understood from this trailer?