Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

I'd sign off on something under the end credits.

(What rhymes with "licorice pizza"?   Hope there's a song in the film--maybe played by a live band--called 'Soggy Bottom'!)

thehed

Maybe considering there is probably going to be more needle drops in this one, Jonny was able to fit the less time consuming score in to his schedule

pynchonikon

Greenwood's close collaborator (music editor / producer of all his scores till today) Graeme Stewart is credited on Licorice's imdb.

Quote from: thehed on September 23, 2021, 08:39:42 PM
Maybe considering there is probably going to be more needle drops in this one, Jonny was able to fit the less time consuming score in to his schedule

That's where I'm starting to lean towards, too.
Most probably he won't be AMPAAS eligible for this anyway.
I would also welcome a couple of Haim's originals, though.

wilberfan

Drenk

He spent years bitching about Magnolia being 3 hours, I don't see LP being that long.
Ascension.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: thehed on September 23, 2021, 08:39:42 PM

It could be similar in a sense to "Boogie Nights," for which Michael Penn wrote a single piece of orchestral music that really served as a tone-setter amid the needle drops

thehed

Is Tragedy of Macbeth playing at a festival? Otherwise what could that film be?

Drill

Quote from: thehed on September 24, 2021, 05:08:18 PM
Is Tragedy of Macbeth playing at a festival? Otherwise what could that film be?

It premiered today at NYFF (and is under 2 hours).

thehed

jviness02

Quote from: wilberfan on September 23, 2021, 10:28:57 PM
This is out there.

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1441216189221404672

I believe he's talking about Don't Look Up or House of Gucci. No inside knowledge. Just a hunch.

PinkTeeth

Quote from: thehed on September 24, 2021, 09:47:53 PM
Yes just saw that!

https://xixax.com/index.php?topic=14547.msg371017#new
^Go, you perfect speaker, tell me more!

...I'm actually more excited to see this than Gary Gets A Girlfriend at the moment, don't stone me!

New Name, Same Typos.

wilberfan

I look forward to discussing it at our New Year's Party.  (It's still at Jack's house, right?)

PinkTeeth

New Name, Same Typos.

wilberfan

:bravo:

I'm actually having my car repainted the day before; I'll bring it.  The paint might still be kinda sticky, tho. 

Find Your Magali

Plan to debut my new look at the party