Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Quote from: Axolotl on September 20, 2021, 01:54:00 PM
Quote from: wilberfan on September 20, 2021, 01:51:26 PM
I don't have the mod powers--but I'd like to encourage you to take that post down...ASAP.

Why?

It's disrespectful to Paul, essentially. 

wilberfan

Quote from: mickeywolfman on September 20, 2021, 01:53:24 PM
I don't have the mod powers--but I'd like to encourage you to take that post down...ASAP.
Happily took mine down

Good lad.  Are there others?  It's been frantic around UberNerd Central this morning...

Axolotl

Quote from: wilberfan on September 20, 2021, 01:55:12 PM
Quote from: Axolotl on September 20, 2021, 01:54:00 PM

Why?

It's disrespectful to Paul, essentially.

Well he's free to take it up with me personally then

wilberfan

When I started here, I was taken aside and quietly told to 'pretend Paul checks in here occasionally'.  *shrug*  Works for me.  I think we should be the Gold Standard for All Things PTA--service the fans (so-to-speak), while being respectful of Mr. A.

Pringle

it's illegal to post without permission from MGM. It's the same reason PTA's TWBB trailer was taken down by the studio.

Axolotl

Quote from: Pringle on September 20, 2021, 02:09:16 PM
it's illegal to post without permission from MGM. It's the same reason PTA's TWBB trailer was taken down by the studio.

I just got off the phone with MGM they said it was okay.

Drenk

You may be shocked by all the illegal stuff I've got in my computer! The government even sent a letter to my house one day! 

No, but anyway: okay, let's not hurt Paul's feelings with a link of the leaked trailer we're discussing.

Personally, my Gold Standard would be in discussing the actual art, not pretending to be MGM's legal department.

"It will leak online" was probably the first thing MGM told Paul when he had the idea, and "I won't be disrespected that way, I trust my beloved fans" was not his answer.
Ascension.

wilberfan

Cult members are always incredibly loyal.   :wink:

Rooty Poots

Spoiler: ShowHide
Question: up until now, I've been under the impression that Sean Penn shouts "I'm a Nazi!" or something while riding his motorcycle, but I keep listening to it over and over and I can't hear anything other than "I'm coming Nancy!" Am I just mishearing things, or was it misreported?
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

WorldForgot

Quote from: Rooty Poots on September 20, 2021, 02:25:52 PM
Question: up until now, I've been under the impression that Sean Penn shouts "I'm a Nazi!" or something while riding his motorcycle, but I keep listening to it over and over and I can't hear anything other than "I'm coming Nancy!" Am I just mishearing things, or was it misreported?

Heard this in the cinema and

pretty sure it's Nancy

Alethia

wilberfan

It makes way more sense.  Or less nonsense.

Tdog

I broke and watched about half of the leak now. C'mon with the real shit! I know you are watching MGM rats!

wilberfan

:ponder:

Any decent marketing team will have plans in place for the inevitable leak.