Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

I Don't Believe in Beatles

I've had this for a long time, but this is the first time I've listened to it.  I love it.  This is the best first impression of a Ween album I've ever had. 
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Raikus

Panic at the Disco!

More mod rock than my usual taste, but it's peppy and I like it.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Gloria

Rosie Thomas ~ If Songs Could Be Held

prefuse 73- security screenings
context, context, context.

JG

BC Camplight -- Hide, Run Away

Saw him last night.  Pretty great. 

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

i saw 'end of the century' recently and while my opinion on the ramones hasn't changed much (were great for a while ,then sucked), the documentary is kind of touching. i find it sad that most of the money the dudes made was because of t-shirts.  it's filled with the unavoidable spinal tap stuff, specially with johnny , who is shown as a heartless bastard, but at least it's not boring. and i'd like to know if  there's a more 'objective' document on the ramones.  anyone?
context, context, context.

Sunrise

This album has been maligned by a lot of critics. I think it's great. Can't stop listening to Heart in a Cage.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

bonanzataz

just got a live smiths show from april 1984 in amsterdam.

also in heavy rotation...

volumes 1 & 2.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

Quote from: bonanzataz on February 05, 2006, 06:50:48 PM
just got a live smiths show from april 1984 in amsterdam.

also in heavy rotation...

volumes 1 & 2.

. . .do you know "Up Town Top Ranking" by Althea and Donna? (I think that was also released on Trojan, is why I ask.) I like that one a lot.

samsong

metric - old world underground, where are you now?

tortoise - millions now living will never die

Pubrick

Quote from: samsong on February 06, 2006, 12:52:16 AM
[metric - old world underground, where are you now?]
AND
[tortoise - millions now living will never die]

Quote from: Pubrick on January 18, 2006, 08:06:06 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on December 16, 2005, 12:48:33 AM
so do you put the two screens sets of speakers next to each other or just leave one playing in one room and go off to watch listen to the other, and then keep running back and forth like that..?

250 pages later, the concept still baffles some.
3 pages later, sambong's memory resets.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye