U2 - miss sarajevo (live from milan)

b-side to "all because of you"

Pubrick

i am such a pop whore.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

two beefs:

did she lose her right leg?
and did she do that by ehem... breakdancing?

aha ahahahahahahahahahaha ha :shock:

meatwad

hedwig

modage

thats my favorite B&S album.  but maybe it's everybodys.
me:

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatwad

Quote from: modage on November 14, 2005, 11:35:18 PM
cat power- the greatest

how do you like it? i'm loving it so far, standout tracks being "the moon", "the greatest" and "lived in bars"

def making my best of the year list

EDIT: "living proof" too, another great track.

Quote from: Pubrick on November 13, 2005, 06:33:20 AM

i am such a pop whore.

how is the madonna album?

np

not bad.  i feel so guilty for not wanting to hear this for a long time.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopio on November 15, 2005, 10:22:44 AM
how is the madonna album?
to compare it to another mediocre pop album, it's like kylie minogue's last effort (body language). a couple of good tracks and the rest skipable.. with the major exception that kylie released the best single of her respective year  :shock: .

meanwhile i stole the new Cat Power and it's awesome. i wasn't expecting that, it's her 12 Golden Country Greats..
under the paving stones.

modage

yeah i'm digging the cat power, i just got it last night and listened to it about 4 times today.  my favorite songs are still the first two (that leaked), The Greatest and Could We.  from reading about it beforehand i was actually hoping it would be MORE country.  :shock: but yeah this is the first album on my Best of 06 list. 

now:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

meatwad

Quote from: Pubrick on November 15, 2005, 11:04:14 AM
i stole the new Cat Power and it's awesome. i wasn't expecting that, it's her 12 Golden Country Greats..

def agree. that is my favorite ween album too. used to be the mullosk, now it's 12 golden country greats.

Quote from: modage on November 15, 2005, 07:22:07 PM
but yeah this is the first album on my Best of 06 list.

damn, did not even realize this actually comes out in 2006, since i stole a copy. i was hoping to place it high on ym best of 05' list....oh well

penfold0101

Babyshambles - Down In Albion 
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

we need these guys on dvd ..
context, context, context.

hedwig