Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Redlum

Anyoneelse a fan of Del Shannon?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

godardian

Quote from: squints on March 01, 2006, 01:03:16 PM
Quote from: ®edlum on March 01, 2006, 12:54:35 PM
Anyoneelse a fan of Del Shannon?

YES!

Double YES! (Ever since "Runaway" featured so prominently in Techine's Wild Reeds, not to mention the quotation at the end of the New York Dolls' "Lonely Planet Boy.")
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

the concretes - in colour
context, context, context.

Reinhold

the beta band - the three EP's
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

meatwad

tortoise & bonnie 'prince' billy- the brave and the bold

i've been listening to the cover of richard thompson's "the calvary cross" on repeat

godardian

T. Rex - Electric Warrior
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

mogwai

squints

Quote from: Hedwig on March 01, 2006, 04:19:58 PM

hail Satan 

about 15 people at my apartment just had a sing-along led by my brother with an acoustic guitar that featured "With karate i'll kick your ass"...what a wonderful album
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

godardian

hedwig

Quote from: squints on March 02, 2006, 12:49:54 AM
[tenacious d]

about 15 people at my apartment just had a sing-along led by my brother with an acoustic guitar that featured "With karate i'll kick your ass"...what a wonderful album

My favorite song on the album is probably the epic "City Hall." plenty of potatos everywhere.

now playing:

godardian

I'm not the world's biggest Merchant fan, but she did cover "Every Day is Like Sunday," and I like to listen to "San Andreas Fault" (my favorite solo song of hers) while reading Joan Didion. . . .

Quote from: Hedwig on March 02, 2006, 02:40:44 PM
[tenacious d]

My favorite song on the album is probably the epic "City Hall." plenty of potatos everywhere.

now playing:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Hedwig on March 02, 2006, 02:40:44 PM

If Explosivo was longer, it'd be my favorite... but City Hall is definitely the best song for empowerment for the people ever made.

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

It's really unfortunate that this album turned out the way it did, though.  It really should have just been the original versions... souping them all up like that made it less funny.