Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

godardian

Quote from: JimmyGator on February 10, 2006, 05:54:11 PM
how is it godardian?  i'm thinking about picking it up.

The jury's still out, but I'm enjoying it, esp. "Another Sunny Day." However, nowhere near as good as Fold Your Hands, Child, which I consider their masterpiece.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

polkablues

Quote from: sigurrós on February 09, 2006, 10:03:38 AM
I'm listened to good old Adam Green at the moment. Gemstones, great album.

I fucking love Adam Green.  As soon as I can find my ipod, I'm playing:

EDIT: There it is.
My house, my rules, my coffee

godardian

Quote from: polkablues on February 10, 2006, 06:45:04 PM
Quote from: sigurrós on February 09, 2006, 10:03:38 AM
I'm listened to good old Adam Green at the moment. Gemstones, great album.

I fucking love Adam Green. 

I saw him open for The Thrills at the Crocodile a couple of years back. He was really interesting.... Haven't been exposed to much of his recorded work beyond "Jessica," which is on a very nice Rough Trade promo sampler I got for free at the barber.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

samsong

Quote from: godardian on February 10, 2006, 09:46:33 PM
a very nice Rough Trade promo sampler I got for free at the barber.

you have the coolest barber ever.

np:
caetano veloso's 'michelangelo antonioni'
context, context, context.

GoneSavage

Heavy Vegetable -- Frisbie

mogwai

röyksopp's night out (live ep/9 tracks/incredible)

samsong

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

and....? what you think?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

great.  do you have  a link or something?
context, context, context.

hedwig

penfold0101

Ive decided after a few listens that all the songs sound exactly the same and im not so sure why everyone in the UK is going so mad on em!
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

mogwai

Quote from: penfold0101 about arctic monkeys on February 14, 2006, 09:33:45 AMIve decided after a few listens that all the songs sound exactly the same and im not so sure why everyone in the UK is going so mad on em!
they're worse than shed seven. when they die i hope that someone shits on their graves.