Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

I Love a Magician

Oh God, how I love Will Oldham. Superwolf's my favorite though. Currently listening to!

M. Ward's End of Amnesia. Not as good as his last two ablums but it's got "Carolina" on it, so it's great anyway.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

plastilina mosh - hola chicuelos
context, context, context.

JG

Quote from: sigurrós on December 08, 2005, 10:40:09 AM

I love this album. Saw them live two days ago. the best best concert I've been to for years. They played for about 2 1/2 hours.

i'm listening to the new BSS right now.  It's great but you forgot it in people is a masterpiece. 

hedwig

"i'm with stupid," by aimee mann (who performed most of the songs in Magnolia, for those that didn't know)

modage

hedwig, whenever i see your avatar i think it's kate from lost.  it wasnt until recently i looked closer to see it's probably bjork. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Quote from: modage on December 11, 2005, 10:59:56 PM
hedwig, whenever i see your avatar i think it's kate from lost.  it wasnt until recently i looked closer to see it's probably bjork. 
yep, it's bjork alright. i haven't seen Lost but i bet this Kate character's quite beautiful  :yabbse-smiley:

np:

mum-finally we are no one

Sigur Rós

Very good indeed, especially the track 'grass' gets my hype-indie-heart beating....

Figure 8

Quote from: sigurrós on December 14, 2005, 04:09:26 PM
:yabbse-thumbup: Yeah, that's a really great album.  Animal Collective is awesome.

Pedro

José González - Veneer

Alethia

squints

Quote from: Figure 8 on December 14, 2005, 05:45:30 PM
Quote from: sigurrós on December 14, 2005, 04:09:26 PM
:yabbse-thumbup: Yeah, that's a really great album.  Animal Collective is awesome.

i love it..sounds like mercury rev/flaming lips/mircophones/brian wilson...and manages to remain completely unique...much more accessible than their previous efforts..if i were to introduce someone to AC i'd suggest this album first and them maybe Sung Tongs and such
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff