The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Started by lamas, March 18, 2003, 11:03:05 PM

The Silver Bullet

I can honestly say that I'm more excited about this film than any other that's being released this calendar year...
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

El Duderino

me too, that, garden state and we dont live here anymore
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: meatwadthose we the photos from vanity fair, which were posted one page back in this thread

Oh, i am sorry

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: A Matter Of Chance
Quote from: meatwadthose we the photos from vanity fair, which were posted one page back in this thread

Oh, i am sorry

you damn well should be ..thats phucked up man......!!!

.....i kid  w/you.....

modage

Quote from: El Duderinome too, that, garden state and we dont live here anymore
well the last two were at Sundance, therefore they wont be that good.  see also: The New Rules.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Slick Shoes

Reviews of the film are up at Aint It Cool. Beware of spoilers I guess...

ElPandaRoyal

Holly Jesus fucking christ... I was anticipating this with anxiety and these rave reviews don't make it any easier for me to wait until I see it. Sounds really really fantastic.
Si

Redlum

Haven't been this excited whilst reading a review since that Punch Drunk Love review from Cannes. Bill Murray going ape shit at some pirates!? Jeff Goldblum as a villain!? I'm so damn excited about this.

Did we already do a Wes Anderson festival here? I cant remember.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: ®edlumBill Murray going ape shit at some pirates!?

I laughed really hard when I read it in the review.  :lol:
Si

Pubrick

Quote from: ®edlumBill Murray going ape shit at some pirates!? Jeff Goldblum as a villain!?
are those spoilers
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: ®edlumBill Murray going ape shit at some pirates!? Jeff Goldblum as a villain!?
are those spoilers
Kill him now, let God sort it out.

modage

wow, could i be ANY MORE EXCITED about this movie?  the answer is no.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

in 2001 when I first went to a film school, all these family and friends kept on asking me "Pete, you goto a film school, what's the best film of the year?"  I always told them, The Royal Tenenbaums--even though that film didn't come out until december 14th, and they'd been asking me as early as april.
Now, same thing, 'cause I have faith in Wes Anderson.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

mutinyco

Unfortunately, the best film of 2001 was Apocalypse Now Redux. :)
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton